NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Spinal Disorders & Back Pain (https://www.neurotalk.org/spinal-disorders-and-back-pain/)
-   -   MRI Experts - Pls help by analysing lumbar spine scan report (https://www.neurotalk.org/spinal-disorders-and-back-pain/214176-mri-experts-pls-help-analysing-lumbar-spine-scan-report.html)

cbommana 12-31-2014 10:54 AM

MRI Experts - Pls help by analysing lumbar spine scan report

1 Attachment(s)
Hello,

My brother aged 32 years is suffering with back pain and severe pain in his right leg. Based on doctor's suggestion he got the MRI scan done recently. Please find attached the report for your review and guidance.

FYI, 2 years ago he suffered with right sided facial nerve palsy.

Please help us by giving more details on what exactly these findings means and what is the remedy ?

Thanks in advance !
CB

Jomar 12-31-2014 12:47 PM

Down in the impression area it says L4/5 /S1 has bulge impinging on the nerve root - so that probably is the main issue.

Has he had any expert PT sessions? pain treatment?

That usually is the starting point unless there is an urgent reason for surgery or other invasive actions.

Strhuntrss 01-05-2015 12:42 AM

Has your brother ever tried a chiropractor? Just as JoMar stated, and a good physical therapist. Sometimes therapy is all you need.

Sounds like he has some nerves being pinched around L4-L5. Hence right leg issues. Even the facial issues sounds like it is nerve related.

Good conservative treatment is the best first line of defense. Unless your doc thinks he needs to see a neurosurgeon.

I will pray for your brother that he finds the relief that he needs. I've been there. But, our bodies, are all different. He is young and if they can help now, he will fair better as he ages.

Let us know how he is doing.
God Bless :grouphug:

cbommana 01-05-2015 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jo*mar (Post 1115562)
Down in the impression area it says L4/5 /S1 has bulge impinging on the nerve root - so that probably is the main issue.

Has he had any expert PT sessions? pain treatment?

That usually is the starting point unless there is an urgent reason for surgery or other invasive actions.

Sorry for the delay in responding !
Doctor advised my brother to take complete bed rest for two weeks. He had undergone daily massages to right leg which helped to walk without much pain. However Doctor informed that to take following medicines for 15 days & if pain gets worse then advised to go for a surgery. As of now he do not have back pain but is unable to walk properly.
Doctor prescribed medicine is as follows:
1) MEGO-XL MORNING & NIGHT
2) OPTINEURON FORTE MORNING & NIGHT
3) NOC-P4 MORNING only
4) RABICENT-20 MORNING only
5) GABAPIN NT 100 NIGHT only
6) Tsart Active (bp tablet) morning & night

Thanks,
CB

cbommana 01-05-2015 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strhuntrss (Post 1116417)
Has your brother ever tried a chiropractor? Just as JoMar stated, and a good physical therapist. Sometimes therapy is all you need.

Sounds like he has some nerves being pinched around L4-L5. Hence right leg issues. Even the facial issues sounds like it is nerve related.

Good conservative treatment is the best first line of defense. Unless your doc thinks he needs to see a neurosurgeon.

I will pray for your brother that he finds the relief that he needs. I've been there. But, our bodies, are all different. He is young and if they can help now, he will fair better as he ages.

Let us know how he is doing.
God Bless :grouphug:

Yes, my brother has undergone therapy for 15 days after which he was able to move but he does not full control over the right leg (fingers basically).

Thanks,
CB