NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Peripheral Neuropathy (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/)
-   -   Nerve block... (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/214312-nerve-block.html)

baba222 01-03-2015 08:49 PM

Nerve block...

Hi everyone,
Will a nerve block ever help someone with small fiber neuropathy (all over body)?
I just wanted some opinions please.
TIA.

zkrp01 01-05-2015 02:57 PM

Search CET

Quote:

Originally Posted by baba222 (Post 1116166)
Hi everyone,
Will a nerve block ever help someone with small fiber neuropathy (all over body)?
I just wanted some opinions please.
TIA.

Hi Baba, the latest scam or cutting edge treatment, I cannot say. Combined Electrochemical Therapy. Includes ankle block in combination with around 4000Hz electrical impulses. Thats about all I remember but enough for you to recognize if your search is in the right place. Good Luck, Happy New Year, Ken in Texas.

surfer00 04-29-2015 03:40 PM

I just completed a 4 week (once a week) treatment of ankle injections. The first 2 times, the relief lasted a day. The 3rd time it lasted 3 days. I had my last one two days ago and my feet are still 'numbish.' I'm hoping it lasts a few more days.

My pain dr wants me to call him next week and tell him how many days I had relief. If its a few days, I'll start another round of 4 tretaments. He said the insurance company wants to see a 25% reduction in pain to continue coverage.

The way it was explained, is that at some point the pain will subside for several months. This would be nice, but I'm skeptical.

canagirl 04-29-2015 05:00 PM

[QUOTE=surfer00;1139177]I just completed a 4 week (once a week) treatment of ankle injections.

If you had ankle injections does that mean your symptoms are only in your feet? I am bodywide like baba and wondering how that would work if it's bodywide ( how many injections would we need and where?)

surfer00 05-04-2015 07:14 PM

[QUOTE=canagirl;1139194]
Quote:

Originally Posted by surfer00 (Post 1139177)
I just completed a 4 week (once a week) treatment of ankle injections.

If you had ankle injections does that mean your symptoms are only in your feet? I am bodywide like baba and wondering how that would work if it's bodywide ( how many injections would we need and where?)

Hi. My lain is in my feet, calves and thighs. Supposedly the results will travel up my legs at some point. Not too clear on how that will happen. I'll be happy if it just works for my feet!

canagirl 05-05-2015 12:46 PM

surfer said "Supposedly the results will travel up my legs at some point. Not too clear on how that will happen. I'll be happy if it just works for my feet! "

Anybody have any experience with this? does it travel upwards?