NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Social Security Disability (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/)
-   -   reductions in ssdi payments in 2016?? (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/214751-reductions-ssdi-payments-2016-a.html)

gilbert 01-13-2015 06:51 PM

reductions in ssdi payments in 2016??

recently,the senate passed a rule that social security cannot realocate funds to the disibilty funds as they have done several times in the past to shore up the fund..what this means that beginning in 2016 when the disability fund is expected to run dry ssdi benefits will be cut by 20% to all recepients..don't know if this is political rederect or if this really can happen...

echoes long ago 01-15-2015 12:07 AM

it was the house not the senate and it was adopted as one of their operating rules not a law. they will be using this to start to dismantle social security if we let them

Ironbutterfly 01-17-2015 03:47 PM

Ssdi cuts

Quote:

Originally Posted by echoes long ago (Post 1118445)
it was the house not the senate and it was adopted as one of their operating rules not a law. they will be using this to start to dismantle social security if we let them

I would rather they budget the funding to go after the SSDI fraudulent claims as those are the ones harming the funding for the ones that truly are disabled.

I also have been reading about the coming crack-down on claims for SSDI and I think the government is going to put pressure on the ADJ's and their award and denial decisions.

Janke 01-18-2015 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ironbutterfly (Post 1118849)
I would rather they budget the funding to go after the SSDI fraudulent claims as those are the ones harming the funding for the ones that truly are disabled.

I also have been reading about the coming crack-down on claims for SSDI and I think the government is going to put pressure on the ADJ's and their award and denial decisions.

In order to go after the SSDI fraudulent claims, there would also have to be increased reviews of the 'truly disabled' in order to find the fraudulent claims.

Rayandnay 01-18-2015 05:20 PM

Fraud

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janke (Post 1118952)
In order to go after the SSDI fraudulent claims, there would also have to be increased reviews of the 'truly disabled' in order to find the fraudulent claims.

How about those who die awaiting decisions, who work their whole lives, and now viewed as cheats? The pendulum swings both ways

Mz Migraine 01-20-2015 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rayandnay (Post 1119013)
How about those who die awaiting decisions, who work their whole lives, and now viewed as cheats? The pendulum swings both ways

How are they viewed as cheats? :confused: Please clarify.

echoes long ago 01-21-2015 07:37 AM

because they want to discredit and thereby dismantle social security there are politicians saying that almost everone on disability is a fraud

Mz Migraine 01-21-2015 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by echoes long ago (Post 1119436)
because they want to discredit and thereby dismantle social security there are politicians saying that almost everone on disability is a fraud

Well that explains it. Those same politicians must have watched the 2013 60 Minutes segment "Disability, USA." :rolleyes:

:hug:

Rayandnay 01-21-2015 05:40 PM

Cheats

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mz Migraine (Post 1119370)
How are they viewed as cheats? :confused: Please clarify.

Their initial, reconsideration, hearing before ALJ are all denied, even though evidence say they can't work on the premise they're just faking. Yet a 20 year old that's never worked a day in their life walks out approved.

Chemar 01-21-2015 07:28 PM

Hi
making unsubstantiated allegations is not really what this forum is about.
The purpose here is to provide a helpful and safe environment for those who are seeking support and information.

In that light, and based on our guidelines, I am closing this thread