NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Starting to wonder... (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/21548-starting-wonder.html)

tovaxin_lab_rat 06-10-2007 08:11 PM

Starting to wonder...

I haven't had an exacerbation since last December and for me, that's a real milestone.

This past week, however, I've been going downhill. It all started on Monday when I worked on a landscape job in the 97 degree heat (yeah yeah I know). By Tuesday afternoon, I was feeling better and thought maybe I had my usual Uthoff's Syndrome symptoms and was over it. By Thursday, I was still doing the denial thing.

Well, by last night I can no longer do the denial dance. My right leg is definitely giving me fits and I can hardly touch it and now my left arm is doing the same thing. Today, my right hand is almost numb and I cannot bend my right thumb.

I hate this. Fatigue is kicking my butt, but it usually does this time of year because of the heat, but it hasn't been hot since Monday.

I am in this clinical trial and I know that I cannot do steroids ... except once during the whole trial, so I am kind of up a creek here. I just don't know what to do...but I know that I need to call my neuro next week if this keeps up.

:(

AfterMyNap 06-10-2007 08:29 PM

Well, missy, all this galavanting around the country while running a landscape business and acting like a laborer in the heat of summer while simultaneously pushing yourself harder than you know you should, might be causing a little stress. (in my oh-so-humble, hardly qualified, barely experienced, little opinion that doesn't amount to a hill of crap when all is said and done)

tovaxin_lab_rat 06-10-2007 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AfterMyNap (Post 111415)
Well, missy, all this galavanting around the country while running a landscape business and acting like a laborer in the heat of summer while simultaneously pushing yourself harder than you know you should, might be causing a little stress. (in my oh-so-humble, hardly qualified, barely experienced, little opinion that doesn't amount to a hill of crap when all is said and done)

Gee, ya think?

Stress? Me? Oh yeah, just a little.

And yes, Missy, your opinion counts for a huge pile of crap! And don't you ever forget that!

:hug:

SallyC 06-10-2007 09:16 PM

Cheryl, repeat after me..."I have MS, therefore, cannot do all the normal things that "normal" peep's do in a day."

Take it easy for a few days, OK? And don't take on any over the top in the heat jobs for awhile. I hope you aren't in an exacerbation. If it doesn't get worse, wait it out and rest, rest, rest.

Don't make us come and get you.:eek:

Taffy 06-10-2007 10:50 PM

:eek: Did you read that? Sally said Peeps! Maybe you should shoot some FG to make you feel better.

You had some major change in your life and then played to hard in almost 100 degree weather!

(wishing with all my might that it would go away for you!)

tovaxin_lab_rat 06-11-2007 10:11 AM

I know I know, but usually, I do mean that sincerely, this goes away. One day working doesn't stick around like this.

Having said that, I haven't had an exacerbation since December which in and or itself should send bells and whistles off in my head anyway. I have had regular exacerbations every 3-4 months since my dx in 2001. So this little hiatus was very nice.

I am wondering if this one is going to kick my butt b/c I am not feeling well at all.

Yeah, Taffy I caught that words Peeps. Sally has no clue...no clue at all! LOL!

SallyC 06-11-2007 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Av8rgirl (Post 111610)
Yeah, Taffy I caught that words Peeps. Sally has no clue...no clue at all! LOL!

Unless you're talking about those squishy little chicken peeps, with which some idiots seem to have a fettish.:p

AfterMyNap 06-11-2007 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SallyC (Post 111614)
Unless you're talking about those squishy little chicken peeps, with which some idiots seem to have a fettish.:p

They're fun to cook with, I know that much.

tovaxin_lab_rat 06-11-2007 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AfterMyNap (Post 111617)

Yes she does know that. I personally think they make good launching material. They certainly are edible! :eek:

MSacorn 06-11-2007 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AfterMyNap (Post 111617)

Did you know you can microwave two on a paper plate and they will appear to dance/fight with each other. Can't remember for how long to cook, but watch for explosions if you leave in there too long. :D