NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.neurotalk.org/new-member-introductions/)
-   -   Is is Aspbergers or Nonverbal Learning Disability? (https://www.neurotalk.org/new-member-introductions/215571-aspbergers-nonverbal-learning-disability.html)

IndieMeg 02-02-2015 10:37 AM

Is is Aspbergers or Nonverbal Learning Disability?

:confused:
Since I was three y/o I have felt different, misunderstood by my family, classmates and mates. I was ultra-sensitive, got my feelings hurt quite a bit, but kept it in. I would share with my parents my sadness and fears and was also verbally abused by my mom who suffers from Narcissism. My dad may suffer from HFA and when he was young, stuttering.

Two months ago I was diagnosed with Cyclothymia, yet believe I have either Aspbergers or NLD - Nonverbal Learning Disability as well. Thought I was ADD, but believe now it is either NLD or HFA.

Feel very strongly that my daughter is HFA and also OCD.

Feel like an emotional and spiritual warrior from being subjected to such challenges. Meg

Lara 02-02-2015 01:45 PM

Hello Meg,

Welcome to the NeuroTalk Support groups.

Asperger's or NLD? The big question.

The best person to ask would be a professional who is knowledgeable of the autism spectrum "disorders". You could find someone by contacting a local Autism organization in your country. If you're in the US, you can contact most of the Autism groups and they will have referral lists that have been recommended by others.

So much more is known these days and so much more support is available for children and adults that it's important if you have concerns about your daughter that she is evaluated as early as possible.

For yourself, it could be very valuable to pursue correct diagnosis if you feel they have it wrong. There are lots of services directed towards adults these days and there are also some excellent support groups to meet other people who are have similar interests and struggles. It can open up a whole new world. :)

I understand your frustrations only too well.

We do have an Autism forum here although it's fairly quiet.
Autism

take care.

Kitt 02-02-2015 02:10 PM

Welcome IndieMeg. :Tip-Hat:

Feck 02-02-2015 10:22 PM

Welcome to the NeuroTalkSupportGroups. I trust you will find support here.

Darlene 02-03-2015 12:50 AM

Great to meet you!!

Meg,

:Wave-Hello: Hello and welcome, happy to see you have come to be with us, it a great place to be. As you can see we have a great number and caring fellow members here, where you have find a supportive and relaxing place. Have fun looking into the different forums. Our shoulders are here for support in many ways.

Please keep us up to date on your condition. Again welcome, looking forward to seeing you around. My thoughts and prayers are with you. :smileypray:

Darlene :hug: