NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Headache (https://www.neurotalk.org/headache/)
-   -   Getting to know you thread.. (https://www.neurotalk.org/headache/2156-getting-thread.html)

CoolAngel26 09-29-2006 06:58 PM

Getting to know you thread..

Okay everyone,

I'm CoolAngel26,a chronic headache sufferer since I was a kid,due to a medical condition.I love computers,movies,pizza,and reading.

I work for a corporate firm,and am a whiz on the computer...

Have a great weekend...:)

cazzie 01-13-2008 04:33 PM

hi i'm cazzie
23years old and i am also a suffer of headache and migraine i hate them i had them for years it all started when i was n school. i love reading messing about on the pc. and love choclote texting my mates too lol.

i cannot think of anything also right now

cazzie

tovaxin_lab_rat 03-07-2008 09:55 PM

Hi Everyone.

I am Cheryl aka Av8rgirl.

I have had migraines for over 20 years and was dx'd with MS in 2001. No correlation whatsoever.

I've been through just about every kind of treatment/torture there is for treating migraines - allergy testing, biofeedback, medications, acupunture, diets, until about 4 years ago, my neurologist started me on Topamax. That was the cure.

Prior to that, I was a regular in the ER wherever we lived. At least once or twice a month, I'd be in the ER for shots/IVs to get rid of a migraine because I had taken the max dose of whatever current med I was on. :eek::(

If I can answer any questions, or help you out in any way with treatments or books or anything about migraines or headaches, please don't hesitate to ask.

I've already given out a good resource book called Heal Your Headache. It's a great book. I highly recommend obtaining a copy of that book.

bhaag 03-13-2008 12:03 PM

Hi I am Erica I am 28 yrs. NEw to this website. I suffer from headaches for a year and half now~ What to do!! i cant imagine 20 more years of this!!!! I have tried everything from topamax to depakote and nothing. I have been in the ER several times too. I take the max dose of vicodin, imitrex and relafin NEW anti-inflammtory I am on. I cant NOT have steriods has I am allergic to them!!
I am gonna go get that book! Hope fully it has some anwsers for me!
I am glad i founf this website. THere are OTHER people suffering!!!!!
Have a great DAY!

pono 03-15-2008 08:58 AM

I've had migraines since kid-didn't have name for these awful debilitating epsides for many years into adulthood...

Accidents w/ TBi (Traumatic Brain injurys) injured cervical spine & casued more ""different" head aches/pain --
some DX I've gotten in past 10 yrs-- Cervical dystonia, Occipatal Neuralgia, "complex" or complicated migraine.

also episodes of cluster headaches {these are BAD, understand why called suicide headaches, as horrible as Migraines these are worse..

other "mixed" headaches--combinations of various headaches & pains, often severe & debilitating, occuring daily since another TBI last year. .
[ may elaborate on these later but trying to keep this brief now]

I've tried many meds --Rescue types like Fiorect, TRIPTANs (learned i can't take due to Raynauds] and more RX, OTC, homeopathic, and more

also several Prophylatics --AED's-Topomax, Zonegran -did help for awhile but for some reason after TBI caused side fx.
some DRs focused on spasms & treated w/ antispasmodics, some tried antidepressants, & other types of drugs
I can't recall ALL tried... too many over years... as well as trips to ER...
got RX Toradol IM w/ instruction on toxicity & how to give injection as alternative to going to ER. that is still in my first aid kit. --reserved for the worst...

Injections (Nerve blocks) of Sarapin & Lidocaine helped but duration of relief varied from few weeks to few days....
like other chronic headache suffers, ANY relief desirable...

My neuro felt BOTOX better. I had 1st treatmt 2 mths ago; did help some-not full total relief -- but brought HOPE -perhpas w/ more treatmts, more relief & improvements..
But since Botox hit news with Negative stories . ..
and questions .....

my heart goes out to all suffering

'

watsonsh 03-15-2008 10:54 AM

Hi guys,

I have been a migraine sufferer for probably over 15 years. Mostly mine are hormonal and come twice a month when the estrogen drops too low during ovulation and my period.

Fiorcet works for me. I have tried others and sometimes Imitrex works. But my GYN was the guy who helped and gave me some pills with low levels of estrogen to take dureing those times and it has definitely helped.

I also tend to get muscular or tension headaches from my TOS but not as bad as the migraines, there the fiorcet and a nice muscle relaxer help.

Oh and I almost forgot to answer Cools' question.

Me....live on the west coast work in movies, big UM football fan and shopper extraordinarie!

dkcw1212 05-12-2008 08:22 PM

Hi Everyone

I'm a mother of 6 & I'm able to stay home & be a full time mom(which is huge all in of itself).After my daughter's death,I recognized that although memories are everywhere,the lessons learned are treasured. Along the way, I have experienced many situations with a wide range of results. Some I'm not proud of and some where the best decisions in the universe. One of these wonderful things is that I met and bonded with the man that completes me as well as compliments me. It is a great feeling when you stumble across the man of your childhood dreams and see that they really exsist.
Now to the not so fun stuff, I have had migraines all of my life, and have tried many medications and combinations including alternative medicine. The migraines now have me on complete disablity, but my spirits couldn't be higher. I have all the faith in my body and my will to have me living a very long time!
My heart goes out to all that suffer from any type of headaches. They are the hardest to function with and only the strong survive, so heres to all of you!!:You-Rock:

PJAMES 07-31-2008 05:49 PM

sorry i STARTED POSTING AND BYPASSED THIS INTRO...

My NAME IS PETE..STARTED GETTING MONSTER HEADACHES WHEN THE DR'S WERE SUSPECTING I MAY HAVE MS.......

SORRY ABOUT THAT......I NORMALLY PLAY BY THE RULES...I HONESTLY DID NOT NOTICE THE INTRO...

MEA CULPA

P

Pyrexely 08-20-2008 02:59 PM

Hey

Hi there!
:):)
I'm Olivia..
21 years old.. new to this forum.

I've been having headaches for years and I just recently discovered I had migraines and it runs in the family.
It's one of those things when you complain long enough people start thinking that you lie or that you exaggerate.
I had Xrays taken of my head when I was younger because of the headaches but, no one thought of migraines, they saw 'nothing special'.
I take Topamax now, it works for now, eventhough I have some side effects I don't like about it.

I love movies, go to college for a BA in Biology and work as well.

That's what I can think about for now... :winky:

Cheers

~ Olive ~

LLom 09-08-2008 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Av8rgirl (Post 231948)
Hi Everyone.

I am Cheryl aka Av8rgirl.

I have had migraines for over 20 years and was dx'd with MS in 2001. No correlation whatsoever.

I've been through just about every kind of treatment/torture there is for treating migraines - allergy testing, biofeedback, medications, acupunture, diets, until about 4 years ago, my neurologist started me on Topamax. That was the cure.

Prior to that, I was a regular in the ER wherever we lived. At least once or twice a month, I'd be in the ER for shots/IVs to get rid of a migraine because I had taken the max dose of whatever current med I was on. :eek::(

If I can answer any questions, or help you out in any way with treatments or books or anything about migraines or headaches, please don't hesitate to ask.

I've already given out a good resource book called Heal Your Headache. It's a great book. I highly recommend obtaining a copy of that book.

Cheryl,
I hope i'm doing this right I'm not very good with computers. My son has had headaches for two years and is about to get a RF Ablasion. We been told that you can't do the neck at C2 only C# and C4 by one Doctor and that its ok to do all three places by another. Any Advice?