NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Social Chat (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-chat/)
-   -   -6, -26 in Buffalo at the moment (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-chat/216154-6-26-buffalo-moment.html)

KnowNothingJon 02-15-2015 07:58 AM

-6, -26 in Buffalo at the moment

It has me seriously considering a move.

mrsD 02-15-2015 08:20 AM

We are -9 this morning. ACK! I completely understand.

EnglishDave 02-15-2015 09:12 AM

Too Cold

That would set my Neurological Hypersensitivity screaming, then start my TN, triggering Cluster Headache attacks (and I'm having enough of those). Then would come the collapse if I had to stand.
You are welcome to it, Jon. A fairly mild 48℉ here today.
Keep wrapped up warm.

Dave.

EnglishDave 02-15-2015 09:15 AM

Ditto for MrsD,
Didn't notice your temp - eyes going already.
Make soup.

Dave.

KnowNothingJon 02-15-2015 10:12 AM

I have dinner at a local vegan restaurant planned followed by the comedy stylings of Tig Notaro. If I can get dug out. My truck has a busted windshield (getting fixed in the AM) so I hoping I find a window to clear my driveway and a place to put the snow.

We have mounds over 6 ft. I have a low zone of 3 1/2 feet in the middle of the lawn but it is 5 or more everywhere else.

The street plow lottery has been won/lost a ton lately.

Spring time will be more welcome than usual.

Kitt 02-15-2015 12:11 PM

Boston area is buried. :eek: And cold.

EnglishDave 02-15-2015 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowNothingJon (Post 1124207)
I have dinner at a local vegan restaurant planned followed by the comedy stylings of Tig Notaro. If I can get dug out. My truck has a busted windshield (getting fixed in the AM) so I hoping I find a window to clear my driveway and a place to put the snow.

We have mounds over 6 ft. I have a low zone of 3 1/2 feet in the middle of the lawn but it is 5 or more everywhere else.

The street plow lottery has been won/lost a ton lately.

Spring time will be more welcome than usual.

'Tig Notaro!' I thought 'Who's he?'
But I am now a hooked-up 21st Century man and have YouTube :D
SHE is an 80's throwback and I enjoyed the Talkshow clips I found until I heard her mockery of her breast cancer/double mastectomy piece. As a cancer survivor - 16 months last Monday - let me tell you that is how cancer deserves to be treated- having the 'proverbial' kicked out of it, then laughed at.
Then she clicked with me, her R2 upbringing story made tears come, the more recent clips are snappier and more cleanly delivered.
Over here, for years, we have been saddled with 'comedians' who simply spout filth to get a coarse laugh, or reaction, and the women are worse than the men. Tig is family-friendly and CLEVER - although I wouldn't eat while listening to her swimming with a tummy upset skit.
Have an enjoyable night, Jon… and everyone else - check her out.

Dave.

Jomar 02-15-2015 01:12 PM

On the other side of the USA, we are having a quite mild winter and there is very little snow on our Mt Hood.
I wonder how our summer will be , I hope not a drought... A normal snow pack in the mountains keeps the larger rivers full.

I certainly feel for those in the deep cold temps...

ger715 02-15-2015 01:25 PM

Well; after a very cold windy evening in a suburb of Chicago, Illinois area last evening; this mornings 0 temp with less wind didn't seem too terrible.

Just checked the outside thermometer; it now reads 14 degrees. This seems like a heatwave. We have had our share of snow thru the end of January and so far in February. Although nothing like what is going on in the Boston area.

Gerry

KnowNothingJon 02-15-2015 03:19 PM

Dave,

I understand the discomfort- I think she makes me ponder as much as laugh, if not more so. I like that.

I didn't realize my ideal restaurant is closed, I've already audibled. We should be home before the -15/-40 weather hits...