NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Thoracic Outlet Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/thoracic-outlet-syndrome/)
-   -   Post-surgery update (https://www.neurotalk.org/thoracic-outlet-syndrome/216357-post-surgery-update.html)

lindsayshealth 02-19-2015 10:35 PM

Post-surgery update

Hi TOS friends!

It has been 2 months since my surgery at Univ. of Virginia. If you are in VA, I highly suggest having TOS surgery with Dr. Ken Cherry, as he has performed 500+ of these and is the official surgeon for the UVA baseball team so he is quite familiar with TOS.

My TOS story is very different (aren't they all?) so I will just try to keep this relevant to everyone. I am doing well post-surgery. Leaving the hospital I was on no pain-meds other than Tylenol as the major medications were making me very nauseous. Honestly, the surgery is not a big deal compared to the constant daily pain, in my opinion.

My medical saga continues as I knew it would...Post TOS surgery I reported that many of my sx did not go away and had a lymphoscintography (test) that showed the lymphatics are completely blocked at my shoulder. This also explains many of my TOS-like symptoms, and I go back to UVA in March for further testing involving the lymph system.

If TOS doesn't go away with surgery, pursue it further. You may need angioplasty or a stent in your vein or something else! Don't let doctors tell you that you are crazy, depressed or anxious. Be your own advocate and do NOT give up!

16rhonda 02-22-2015 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindsayshealth (Post 1125063)
Hi TOS friends!

It has been 2 months since my surgery at Univ. of Virginia. If you are in VA, I highly suggest having TOS surgery with Dr. Ken Cherry, as he has performed 500+ of these and is the official surgeon for the UVA baseball team so he is quite familiar with TOS.

My TOS story is very different (aren't they all?) so I will just try to keep this relevant to everyone. I am doing well post-surgery. Leaving the hospital I was on no pain-meds other than Tylenol as the major medications were making me very nauseous. Honestly, the surgery is not a big deal compared to the constant daily pain, in my opinion.

My medical saga continues as I knew it would...Post TOS surgery I reported that many of my sx did not go away and had a lymphoscintography (test) that showed the lymphatics are completely blocked at my shoulder. This also explains many of my TOS-like symptoms, and I go back to UVA in March for further testing involving the lymph system.
:eek:
If TOS doesn't go away with surgery, pursue it further. You may need angioplasty or a stent in your vein or something else! Don't let doctors tell you that you are crazy, depressed or anxious. Be your own advocate and do NOT give up!

Hi. I was wondering who did this test on u? Is this problem related to tos or a separate problem? What causes this? Do u think u might of had a wrong dx of tos?
Thanks for posting on your post tos surgery!
Take Care