NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Thoracic Outlet Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/thoracic-outlet-syndrome/)
-   -   Being tested for Lupus (https://www.neurotalk.org/thoracic-outlet-syndrome/21692-tested-lupus.html)

siccy 06-12-2007 06:01 PM

Being tested for Lupus

Hello to all its been a while.I have been battling TOS,RSD for about 7
years now.I have been catching everything I come in contact with .About 6 wks ago I came up with a boil then rash. First doctor thought shingles.I have been treated with several antibiotics including vampamycin by IV.I swithched doctors and I am being tested for discoid lupus,diabeties and thyroid problems.I pulled my records and looked at blood test it has been off for a while.
I am hoping it is drug induced.I am curious..anyone here had related illness?

Jomar 06-12-2007 11:28 PM

Hi siccy . I know a few here have thyroid problems along with the TOS and also RSD with the TOS, a few have fibromyalgia too.

deesgal 04-29-2008 07:16 AM

Have you been told yet..mite hv news for you abut lupus diagnosis..

Dear Siccy,
I am VERY NEW to al this but was intrigued your msg..I wa on dapsone and it was wonderful, but then (for me) it got bad w/in thre months as it caused liver damage and a huge drop in hemoglobin, so they tk it away, but its good for most people, so ask about it...i was taking it in combination w/Plaquenil. I am still on P, but use a corticosteriod cream also, and it is not working really so also am here for whtever help i can get....with Systemic Lupis Erythematosis Multiforme in severe form...had it for 14 yrs but was not active severe till 3 yrs ago when it exploded and has not let up since so we search on, hope my bit of info helped you, as my exp. is recent tok the drug away on 4/11/08...it is a cheap drug too of al things, had all the tests and specia bld wrk and tried to get any other diagnosis but this ...oh well a rainstorm came, and has not left me yet ....hope you are better

tshadow 04-30-2008 12:45 AM

Do not forget that Dr. Brantigan is adamant I also have a immunological disease process along with the TOS and that it just doesn't have a "name" - there are hundreds of them they haven't even identified yet.

Take the best care of yourself. Period.

tied 11-07-2009 08:15 PM

siccy u ok?

hi siccy i was just wondering how u are doin. i have heard that the test for lupus is not very accurate. mine tested negative and yet bakers cysts i have are a possible side effect of lupus.

lately my relief has come from anti-inflammatories. this is a vicious cycle for me, since they help, then i can't sleep, then i feel like a zombie from the side effect of little sleep.

olecyn 11-09-2009 01:00 AM

scissy

Opps, sorry SICCY
its my impression from a previous physician, these blood tests are done to rule out you DO NOT have Lupus, MS, West Nile or any other contributing factors that relate to what you are describing. I sure hope your tests come back clean for you.