NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Sexual Disorders & Sexuality (https://www.neurotalk.org/sexual-disorders-and-sexuality/)
-   -   No Sex Or feeling of Sexual Desire for several years? (https://www.neurotalk.org/sexual-disorders-and-sexuality/216987-sex-feeling-sexual-desire.html)

SkimbleShanks 03-05-2015 06:35 PM

No Sex Or feeling of Sexual Desire for several years?

I have not had sexual desire for a very long time. Sometimes i feel out of place since most my friends talk about it alot. I often wonder if im normal ? I just never find the time to really think about it. My mind seems to go from one task to another then to another. The thought of it really never sets in. I have thought maybe I was asexual but not for sure.

Lightrail11 03-10-2015 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkimbleShanks (Post 1127706)
I have not had sexual desire for a very long time. Sometimes i feel out of place since most my friends talk about it alot. I often wonder if im normal ? I just never find the time to really think about it. My mind seems to go from one task to another then to another. The thought of it really never sets in. I have thought maybe I was asexual but not for sure.

A couple of basic questions will help for more thoughtful answers:

Are you male or female, and how old are you?

Were you sexually active previously and if so, please define "a very long time"

If you are male, have you been checked for low testosterone?

Are you taking any medications? Antidepressants for example can kill libido.

Finally, ask yourself, if you don't miss it, why worry about it?

SkimbleShanks 03-11-2015 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lightrail11 (Post 1128807)
A couple of basic questions will help for more thoughtful answers:

Are you male or female, and how old are you?

Were you sexually active previously and if so, please define "a very long time"

If you are male, have you been checked for low testosterone?

Are you taking any medications? Antidepressants for example can kill libido.

Finally, ask yourself, if you don't miss it, why worry about it?

I am female. 38

Haven't had any sexual desire really as far as I can remember. Just never really thought much about it. People around me did but I just never really IDK caught on to the idea or ( IDk overall meaning persay)

No was never on any medications other than Albuterol ( most my life) asthmatic. I have had a series of things happen in the last 2-3 years but I remember not being very sexual even as a teen or young female adult.

I was only asking cause many of my friends , relatives alot of times ask me why, and how can I not live without it stuff like that.

When by myself I never think about it. Just when people ask me why I don't. Makes me kinda feel odd, weird, or maybe abnormal to a degree.

Lightrail11 03-13-2015 03:47 PM

Thank you for clarifying.

My thoughts are just because you don't have the same sexual desires as some of your friends and relatives doesn't mean your are "abnormal", just different from them.

We are all different in one way or another. If you are in otherwise good mental and emotional health I'll go back to my earlier suggestion, if you don't miss it, why worry about it? Other people who question or label your sex life as making you somehow abnormal have the problem, not you.