NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Sanctuary for Spiritual Support (https://www.neurotalk.org/sanctuary-for-spiritual-support/)
-   -   Feeling overwelmed (https://www.neurotalk.org/sanctuary-for-spiritual-support/217183-feeling-overwelmed.html)

Snoopy 03-09-2015 06:24 PM

Feeling overwelmed

Right now I simply need to put my thoughts and feelings in a safe place and I felt this forum was the best choice.

Feb. 16, 2015 I was watching the news about a young couple in their early to mid 20s who were found dead in their home (no names given). For reasons I don't completely understand I blurted out a name of a person.

I found out a few days later from FB that the name I blurted out was who had passed away. Her and her husband were found dead of gun shots wounds. It was an accident for one of them and an inability to cope for the other one :(

Unrelated and unknown to the above family the young ladies dad was in the hospital in a coma and had been for approximately a week. Life support was pulled on Feb. 18, 2015. This family lost their mother/wife to a car accident about 10 years ago.

I had the privilege of knowing the young lady and her husband before they were even a couple. Both had very strong church back ground and went on missions trips. They were very involved with helping the youth and made quite an impact on those young and older who spoke with them.

Saturday March 7, 2015 was the Memorial Services for Holly 25 and her husband Erik 22. On Sunday March 8, was the Memorial service for Holly's father 50.

I don't claim to understand. I do believe, for whatever reason, it was their time and there was a reason for the timing.

This is difficult for me simply because I "take in" or "feel" the pain and grief others are experiencing. I am trying to make sense of the fact I knew it was Holly and Erik :confused:

On top of this -- On Friday Feb 27, 2015 my son had been rear ended on his way to work. His car is totaled, He is okay for which I thank the Lord.

Thank you for allowing me to express this.

EnglishDave 03-09-2015 06:46 PM

Snoopy,
What a great tragedy, the loss of those so young - even 50 is young.
It is the burden of those of us who are more empathic that we feel other's pain. I have noticed this in your Posts. It can lead to the worsening of any Conditions we, ourselves have.
I cannot explain your knowing the identities, there is more in this World than we can ever know - I have had similar 'feelings' with family and friends in the past.
It is a blessing your Son was unhurt in his accident - I am relieved for you.

Dave.

Snoopy 03-10-2015 02:57 PM

Thank you, Dave.

Diandra 03-10-2015 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snoopy (Post 1128548)
Right now I simply need to put my thoughts and feelings in a safe place and I felt this forum was the best choice.

Feb. 16, 2015 I was watching the news about a young couple in their early to mid 20s who were found dead in their home (no names given). For reasons I don't completely understand I blurted out a name of a person.

I found out a few days later from FB that the name I blurted out was who had passed away. Her and her husband were found dead of gun shots wounds. It was an accident for one of them and an inability to cope for the other one :(

Unrelated and unknown to the above family the young ladies dad was in the hospital in a coma and had been for approximately a week. Life support was pulled on Feb. 18, 2015. This family lost their mother/wife to a car accident about 10 years ago.

I had the privilege of knowing the young lady and her husband before they were even a couple. Both had very strong church back ground and went on missions trips. They were very involved with helping the youth and made quite an impact on those young and older who spoke with them.

Saturday March 7, 2015 was the Memorial Services for Holly 25 and her husband Erik 22. On Sunday March 8, was the Memorial service for Holly's father 50.

I don't claim to understand. I do believe, for whatever reason, it was their time and there was a reason for the timing.

This is difficult for me simply because I "take in" or "feel" the pain and grief others are experiencing. I am trying to make sense of the fact I knew it was Holly and Erik :confused:

On top of this -- On Friday Feb 27, 2015 my son had been rear ended on his way to work. His car is totaled, He is okay for which I thank the Lord.

Thank you for allowing me to express this.

Snoopy,
What you are experiencing is indeed , overwhelming.
I hope the feeling of relief from your son being spared injury from his accident becomes a larger feeling than the grief you are experiencing for this poor family.
Your are in my thoughts and prayers.
Diandra

ger715 03-10-2015 11:49 PM

Snoopy,

I had, ever since I could remember, felt a connection with those who were either suffering or going thru difficult times. Most likely, depression played a big role in these feelings. Early when my 24/7 pain worsened; feeling the pain, sorrow or whatever the case might be for others deepened.

Prayed I might be able to care; but not go into the depths of those in despair, grief or sorrow. Instead I began praying for those in need to better cope with whatever the circumstance might be. That really has helped me, as well as others.

Often it may be the time for some to pass; but then there are times because of our free will, some may have brought this about thru choice. Thankful you came to NT to share with us.

Gerry

Lara 03-11-2015 01:18 AM

:hug: for you Snoopy.

Thinking of you.

Kitty 03-11-2015 07:52 AM

Thinking of you, Snoopy. I know what you mean with being able to relate so closely with others going through difficult times. I tend to take on others pain, too, without really realizing it until it's too late!

I pray that you find peace with this. I think it's a special gift to be able to relate to others during their difficult times. It's not easy but I think that only those who can handle the emotions actually have the gift. :hug:

Thanking God that your son was unhurt.

Lara 03-13-2015 03:47 PM

I've been thinking about you Snoopy. Sometimes certain intuitive feelings can be confusing. I do wonder how you are doing?

PsychCentral - 5 gifts of highly sensitive people

Snoopy 03-13-2015 06:02 PM

Hi Lara,

Thank you for the link.

I have had a family member comment that she believes I am an empath.
http://themindunleashed.org/2013/10/...of-empath.html

I don't know.

Without knowing how or why I have always "known" when something wasn't right. My husband has even asked how I knew something and I have always said, I don't know how I know, I just do.

I am doing okay, Lara :hug:

EnglishDave 03-13-2015 06:37 PM

Snoopy,
An eye-opening article.
Thank you.

Dave.