NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   SCS & Pain Pumps (https://www.neurotalk.org/scs-and-pain-pumps/)
-   -   Thanks for SCS info (https://www.neurotalk.org/scs-and-pain-pumps/217235-thanks-scs-info.html)

jojo1984 03-10-2015 10:09 PM

Thanks for SCS info

I'm new here. I wanted some info on SCS, you know real people telling if it works. I'd appreciate more feedback if anyone can tell me if it would work. I mean who wants to walk around with an implant. I am going to continue with physical therapy but truthfully it hasn't helped much. Next step is SCS implant or spinal fusion. I'm tired of this. I haven't been able to work in a year and a half. Tired of the meds, tired of the weight gain, tired of my sex life being zilch, tired of feeling sorry for myself. A little help please!!! Thanks for listening to me moan.
jojo :ranting::ranting:

ger715 03-11-2015 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jojo1984 (Post 1128822)
I'm new here. I wanted some info on SCS, you know real people telling if it works. I'd appreciate more feedback if anyone can tell me if it would work. I mean who wants to walk around with an implant. I am going to continue with physical therapy but truthfully it hasn't helped much. Next step is SCS implant or spinal fusion. I'm tired of this. I haven't been able to work in a year and a half. Tired of the meds, tired of the weight gain, tired of my sex life being zilch, tired of feeling sorry for myself. A little help please!!! Thanks for listening to me moan.
jojo :ranting::ranting:

Jojo,
I, myself, have not had an SCS implanted; but did do a trial for one. My Pain Management doctor did tell me there would probably still be a need for pain meds; but the amount I was taking would be lessened. The trial did not go well. I decided the SCS wasn't for me; but for many others it has made life improvements.

I did have L4-5 fusion/laminectomy over 8 years ago. Did help from permanent nerve damage; but did continue with pain. I am on around the clock pain meds. These meds do help me get thru each day.

I am sure there will be input from those who have had an SCS implanted. Wishing you soon experience less pain.

Gerry

Rimbanda 03-18-2015 05:06 AM

More Info Please.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jojo1984 (Post 1128822)
I'm new here. I wanted some info on SCS

Hi JoJo, have you any idea which brand of SCS implant you are looking at? This info would enable the right people to respond. I have the Nevro Senza implant and it has help a lot, but success varies it seems from person to person and the area being treated. Mine is for neck and head issues and is predominantly aimed at C2. I have managed to do away with the opiate patches I was using, but at this stage am still on other meds that I hope one day to stop taking too.

They told me from the start that a 50% reduction in pain levels was considered a success, and anything more was a bonus. Most days I have a 70 to 75% reduction but some days (like the last few days) you wonder if it is working at all. All I can suggest is that you keep doing your research and if you can supply a little more info someone here might be able to help.

Regards,

Phil