NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   Exhausted... (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/218338-exhausted.html)

CRPSsurvivor 04-03-2015 12:12 PM

Exhausted...

I finally have some pain relief, thanks to an SCS. However, I am still having sleep problems. I have noticed that less sleep equals more pain. More pain equals higher stimulation, which equals less sleep. I really hate this circle. Does anyone have any tips?? I really don't want to send myself into a manic, and trigger my PTSD...

Enna70 04-03-2015 12:52 PM

Oh sweetie how awful...and yes, I've been there....I don't know what I can share because nothing was working for me and I was on edge ready to kaboom at any moment....but since I've been taking LDN, it helps me rest..I'm not that far into it to give a full thumbs up or not....It hasn't taken most of the CRPS pain away either...
How I can relate to what you are saying....words escape me of how :eek: I was.
Keep up the fight my friend...I'm cheering for you....:hug:

Russell 04-03-2015 02:24 PM

Hi Survivor,
I'm sorry to read about your vicious cycle you're going through.
This might seem simple and may not help but when I'm having trouble relaxing I listen to some soothing music. I have a friend, Carlos Nikai, who has cd's of different native flute songs or some classical music which works for me. Told you it'll sound simple!
What the hey, give it a try....:hug:

Enna70 04-03-2015 06:26 PM

I don't think it simple; you actually sparked something that I do besides medication....if I can just get distracted for a little while, a computer card game, for a few minutes some times it's all I need to focus again....:grouphug:

CRPSsurvivor 04-03-2015 07:09 PM

Thanks, I really hope the cycle breaks tonight. Who knows, it might happen. :D I'll try music and some more relaxation techniques. Keeping my fingers crossed... :grouphug: to you both

Enna70 04-04-2015 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRPSsurvivor (Post 1133584)
Thanks, I really hope the cycle breaks tonight. Who knows, it might happen. :D I'll try music and some more relaxation techniques. Keeping my fingers crossed... :grouphug: to you both

Hey, here's hoping you had a little break from the monster inside us all...I really sympathize....:hug:

CRPSsurvivor 04-04-2015 10:37 AM

I was able to get a few hours :D Some is better than none :D

Littlepaw 04-04-2015 12:54 PM

hi Survivor,

Glad you got some rest! That sleep pain cycle is so tricky. I find melatonin helpful and sometimes chamomile or sleepy time tea. And so classic, someone gave me a very boring, heavily referenced history of cancer. I started reading it in bed. It was great! I could read it with interest for a few minutes then get bogged down in the details. After a while I could barely keep my eyes open....I think I'm gonna have to read it again!

I'm glad you are getting some pain relief with your new SCS.
Sending Healing Love,
Littlepaw :hug: