NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/)
-   -   Brainwave optimization (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/218353-brainwave-optimization.html)

MVTBI 04-03-2015 08:33 PM

Brainwave optimization

As the title says....Brainwave optimization

Is it witchcraft... selling magic beans... or has anyone out there had success with this or even heard of it!

Mark in Idaho 04-03-2015 09:36 PM

Read the web site and try to find anything that sounds objective vs subjective. There is a lot of innuendo and obfuscation. Read the FAQ about "What types of issues can be helped with Brainwave Optimization?" They don't even answer their own FAQ question. One testimonial claims if healed a knee injury.

They call a program of therapy sessions an intensive. It sounds like it digs intensively into your wallet.

But that is just my opinion and observations. If it worked as well as they say, it would be FDA approved so the insurance companies would pay for it. It is FDA exempt as GRAS (Generally Regarded As Safe) meaning they claim it does not injure the patient but since they can not substantiate any healing or improvement benefit, the FDA regs prohibit them making outright claims.

Lightrail11 04-04-2015 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVTBI (Post 1133595)
As the title says....Brainwave optimization

Is it witchcraft... selling magic beans... or has anyone out there had success with this or even heard of it!

Your post is a little vague. For what symptoms are you seeking relief?

If you are referring to services from Brain State Technologies I talked to them at a TBI conference a couple of years ago. While they seemed sincere, the premise of the hemispheres of the brain being "out of balance" seems a little simplistic, and they were vague on how "balance" is restored.

What are you seeking to accomplish in your recovery? What has been your recovery plan to date? I'd examine these questions prior to a leap into some untested treatment program.

MVTBI 04-06-2015 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lightrail11 (Post 1133783)
Your post is a little vague. For what symptoms are you seeking relief?

If you are referring to services from Brain State Technologies I talked to them at a TBI conference a couple of years ago. While they seemed sincere, the premise of the hemispheres of the brain being "out of balance" seems a little simplistic, and they were vague on how "balance" is restored.

What are you seeking to accomplish in your recovery? What has been your recovery plan to date? I'd examine these questions prior to a leap into some untested treatment program.

It was suggested to me through a friends brother, I guess I was skeptical as if this was as effective as is being sold , then why was it not more popular given the current popularity of the concussion talk. I did a little research but I do have a hard time interpreting things of this nature in general now.

Recovery plan to date involves, Physio, Neuro-Rehab , Vestibular rehab, work with a psychologist, Neuro Ophthalmologists and soon with a specialized clinic. I think I am covering all the bases. I agree with Mark when he says that there is not evidence to back all this up truly. I was just putting it out there in case anyone had any miraculous luck with all of this.

Thanks for the responses, I will keep my cheque book away for now.

PenK 06-18-2018 10:53 PM

Response /Brainwave Optimization

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVTBI (Post 1133974)
It was suggested to me through a friends brother, I guess I was skeptical as if this was as effective as is being sold , then why was it not more popular given the current popularity of the concussion talk. I did a little research but I do have a hard time interpreting things of this nature in general now.

Recovery plan to date involves, Physio, Neuro-Rehab , Vestibular rehab, work with a psychologist, Neuro Ophthalmologists and soon with a specialized clinic. I think I am covering all the bases. I agree with Mark when he says that there is not evidence to back all this up truly. I was just putting it out there in case anyone had any miraculous luck with all of this.

Thanks for the responses, I will keep my cheque book away for now.

I am having wonderful luck with this & easing my ptsd symptoms. So happy I did it.

Mark in Idaho 06-20-2018 08:00 PM

I think PenK's relating of his experience with Brain Wave Optimization is grossly premature. The focus on learning relaxation skills alone can lead to improvements with PTSD. Nothing suggests it helps with PCS.