NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Myasthenia Gravis (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/)
-   -   OMG OMG SO my Neuro suggested I see a cardiologist (mg related) (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/218515-omg-omg-neuro-suggested-cardiologist-mg-related.html)

rockenmama 04-07-2015 05:25 PM

OMG OMG SO my Neuro suggested I see a cardiologist (mg related)

My husband found this today http://www.ijcme-journal.com/article...025-5/abstract

It might actually mean it COULD be all MY MG!! Not Mitochondrial disease with my MG> Any thoughts or am I just grasping. I'm desperate because despite my muscle weakness being better since last ivig I'm having major issue's bad enough I can't short of breath NOT from weakness of skelatal muscles. Also would it be bad to send article to Neuro or my PCP? My heart muscle is so stressed I didn't realize how bad or exactly what was what until my Neuro upped my meds last week since I've been having a hard time with stamina, chest pain, stomach p ain and head ache since I my last IVIG 2 weeks ago
Thanks in advance
Pam

southblues 04-07-2015 06:10 PM

I was diagnosed with heart issues/ enlarged heart, several years before my MG was diagnosed. I always assumed that my heart was the cause of my shortness of breath. Now I am told that my heart is no longer enlarged. I am still very short of breath. Pyridostigmine helps radically.

It is probably all related........

rockenmama 04-07-2015 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by southblues (Post 1134288)
I was diagnosed with heart issues/ enlarged heart, several years before my MG was diagnosed. I always assumed that my heart was the cause of my shortness of breath. Now I am told that my heart is no longer enlarged. I am still very short of breath. Pyridostigmine helps radically.

It is probably all related........

I was diagnosed with an "athletic" heart in 2006 when I had a Nuclear Stress test. When going through pre admit stuff for my neck surgery in 2012 I had yet another EKG that they didn't like as well as a stress test they didn't like. So I under went a Cath. My heart looked normal and the Cardiologist said he couldn't tell me why all my tests showed that something was wrong. Well now that everything feels wrong it's taking me forever to get into cardiologist. This past 3 months of having MG raging out of control has taken it's toll. I still have to have a cat scan of my thymus.

AnnieB3 04-09-2015 06:39 PM

MG itself can be bad enough that it affects the heart.

Other things that can are endocrine issues. Have you been fully evaluated in that area? And I don't mean only thyroid and blood sugar.

Are you having any other symptoms?

Wait until the thymus scan and see what your neuro says.

Has anyone tested you for a blood clot? Some people who have IVIG can get one. Just a thought, don't panic! ;)

Did you get the records of your heart scan? I recommend reading them.

Are you sure they checked for pulmonary hypertension?

What's your blood pressure like?

I'm not sure what to think. Maybe your MG is just bad right now.

Don't forget that things change over time and it's been three years since the last cardio check. You might want to see one again and ask about an echocardiogram (ultrasound).

I hope you get it all figured out!!!

Annie

rockenmama 04-09-2015 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnieB3 (Post 1134719)
MG itself can be bad enough that it affects the heart.

Other things that can are endocrine issues. Have you been fully evaluated in that area? And I don't mean only thyroid and blood sugar.

Are you having any other symptoms?

Wait until the thymus scan and see what your neuro says.

Has anyone tested you for a blood clot? Some people who have IVIG can get one. Just a thought, don't panic! ;)

Did you get the records of your heart scan? I recommend reading them.

Are you sure they checked for pulmonary hypertension?

What's your blood pressure like?

I'm not sure what to think. Maybe your MG is just bad right now.

Don't forget that things change over time and it's been three years since the last cardio check. You might want to see one again and ask about an echocardiogram (ultrasound).

I hope you get it all figured out!!!

Annie

No blood clot! That was checked last week thanks to my PCP. I ended up having issues with the iodine though. Update is I'm in hospital. Had stress test donee today. Lots of ischemia alerts going on last night in E R blood pressure got to 173/103 and I've been bradycardia a lot got as low as 47 during the day but everyone kept putting it on my former athtletism. Will get results of stress tests in am but now on aspirin and BP meds and on heart monitor also will see GI doc in morning.

JimInMI 04-09-2015 10:29 PM

Pam, you say you are having issues with iodine and are due for a CT scan? The CT scan can be done with or without 'contrast'. Docs usually want contrast because it makes the results easier to read. The contrast is iodine based! Double check this and make sure everyone involved knows.
Jim