NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Peripheral Neuropathy (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/)
-   -   New symptoms (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/218853-symptoms.html)

baba222 04-15-2015 01:43 PM

New symptoms like a bee sting

Hey there,

So, I have been with the burning, tingling, and numbness for a while.
So anyone else have the feelings like a bee sting?
This started last week and is even tougher than before.

The hematologist said my platelets are too low to go back to Lyrica and Neurotin. I have been dosed up on amitriptyline.
Does anyone with these symptoms have medications that help?

TIA.

ellsac 04-15-2015 03:25 PM

I get the bee sting sensations. They don't feel quite as strong as an actual bee sting, but like a mild one-I'll get them randomly all over my body. They fluctuate with intensity.

mrsD 04-15-2015 03:38 PM

Oh, yes, I do get the bee stings. Zip/zang... mostly in my lower legs. They don't last long. But when really severe I do extra Magnesium lotion on them. I apply to calf and shins. (sometimes my toes go nuts in the night.

MSG in foods will really set me off also.

Healthgirl 04-15-2015 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baba222 (Post 1135797)
Hey there,

So, I have been with the burning, tingling, and numbness for a while.
So anyone else have the feelings like a bee sting?
This started last week and is even tougher than before.

The hematologist said my platelets are too low to go back to Lyrica and Neurotin. I have been dosed up on amitriptyline.
Does anyone with these symptoms have medications that help?

TIA.

Yup
Its one of my new ones at night. The nerve pain that moves around feels just like the end of a bee sting. Its pretty disgusting. I was having it last night in my feet up my legs and up to my hips- had to take pain med. It also happens if I try to sit for longer than 10 -15 min.

Healthgirl 04-15-2015 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsD (Post 1135817)
Oh, yes, I do get the bee stings. Zip/zang... mostly in my lower legs. They don't last long. But when really severe I do extra Magnesium lotion on them. I apply to calf and shins. (sometimes my toes go nuts in the night.

MSG in foods will really set me off also.

I was getting the zips and zangs a lot. Now I get those, but not as often and it has turned more into a slow sting vs a taser. I don't know which is nastier.

bluesfan 04-15-2015 03:51 PM

'Bee stings' here too - all over - including between my toes and in my ears. Started about 3 mths ago - figured it was part of the PN progression.
Thanks for the magnesium suggestion.

mrsD 04-15-2015 03:55 PM

Don't put the mag lotion in the ears... you can put a small amount along the jaw... I did that after some dental work, where my jaw joint was sore. Just a tiny amount and keep away from the eyes. It worked really well for me, over Xmas.

EmilySH 04-15-2015 04:40 PM

Hi,

I just recently had this bee sting sensation as well. It's been very isolated for me. Only a few times on only two occasions, at night. On the bottoms of my feet was the location. Mag lotion on my list of things to get at store!! Sorry these sfn symptoms are so severe for you all. I mostly just have the burning on my feet and hands. My hands were driving me nuts at four this morning. Lyrica has helped me some, I believe.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

EnglishDave 04-15-2015 06:07 PM

Ok, this bee sting! I don't have PN, but have Neurological Hypersensitivity. This manifests as extreme burning/searing/shock pain from the slightest touch. For about 6 weeks, above and beyond this I have been getting the feeling needles are being randomly jammed into my nerve endings. Started in my feet/legs, rapidly spread to hands/forearms and occasionally torso.
Is this the bee sting? Could it possibly be something new, or an escalation of my neural condition. For information, I am also a Type 2 Diabetic.

Dave.

echoes long ago 04-15-2015 07:57 PM

i have had the bee sting, shock, stabbing sensations for many years now. not constantly but every once in a while and pretty much always in my feet. i just had one a few minutes ago as i was responding to a post. Its pretty common for people with PN to describe having stinging, shocking, stabbing, sensations.