NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Peripheral Neuropathy (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/)
-   -   I think I need 5 million thread count sheets! (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/219030-5-million-thread-count-sheets.html)

Healthgirl 04-19-2015 09:06 AM

I think I need 5 million thread count sheets!

:mad:
Last night my sheets felt like gravel against my skin. I was mad as heck. I'm sick of this crap!

and......

earlier in the evening as I was reading my little one a story, a new pulsing nerve pain in my right side torso started happening. It took my breath away. It was very annoying to my 4 year old- as this disturbed her Cinderella book and as it's been almost a year now, she is used to having a somewhat broken mommy.

I thought I was getting better and now this plague has found its way to a new section of my body. I wound up wide awake with the familiar foul nerve pain down my limbs and this new addition. don't think I'm sad anymore. I'm think I'm becoming very ****** off. I didn't want to be awake watching tv, but thank God for Netflix and back to back episodes. At least theres that:rolleyes:

canagirl 04-19-2015 09:39 AM

My heart goes out to you. I too lie awake all night but I find it hard to even watch tv. Have u tried sleeping pills? I am going to ask my doc for some. Maybe if we can sleep all night it might help our pai

zkrp01 04-19-2015 10:51 AM

I thought I was the king

Quote:

Originally Posted by Healthgirl (Post 1136765)
Last night my sheets felt like gravel against my skin. I was mad as heck. I'm sick of this crap!

and......

earlier in the evening as I was reading my little one a story, a new pulsing nerve pain in my right side torso started happening. It took my breath away. It was very annoying to my 4 year old- as this disturbed her Cinderella book and as it's been almost a year now, she is used to having a somewhat broken mommy.

I thought I was getting better and now this plague has found its way to a new section of my body. I wound up wide awake with the familiar foul nerve pain down my limbs and this new addition. don't think I'm sad anymore. I'm think I'm becoming very ****** off. I didn't want to be awake watching tv, but thank God for Netflix and back to back episodes. At least theres that:rolleyes:

of Netflix binge watching. I recommend Bloodline and for the men, Lillyhammer. Also if you have tenderness of the skin that even being touched is too much, I always tell about Mortons Epsom Salt Lotion. My wife tried it last night for her Fibromyalgia on her elbow and she said it was better in about 15 min. Good Luck, Ken in Texas.

baba222 04-19-2015 01:26 PM

Quote:

So sorry. I feel like "The Princess and the Pea."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Princess_and_the_Pea

With the hypersensitivity/allodynia, I can tell if my clothes are wrinkled or bunched up.

Hope we all get some relief from this.

anon050715 04-19-2015 02:56 PM

Quote:

but thank God for Netflix and back to back episodes. At least theres that:rolleyes:

Just joined Netflix a couple weeks ago...can't believe what I've been missing :)

I'm hooked on the Ken Burns "Civil War" mini series that aired on PBS in 1990. I was only 10 when it came out but watched it with my dad. Excellent series and it keeps my mind off PN symptoms.

Best wishes.

Kitt 04-19-2015 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baba222 (Post 1136832)

With the hypersensitivity/allodynia, I can tell if my clothes are wrinkled or bunched up.

I agree as far as sheets and clothes go.:(

JoannaP79 04-19-2015 03:53 PM

Quote:

and......

I have this with jeans and most clothes on my legs bar tracksuit bottoms. These are all I wear now so I empathise.

I now spend my life watching back to back netflix. Its one of my few pleasures these day. I love Bloodline too Ken. Also House of Cards back to back has been great. :-)

Susanne C. 04-19-2015 05:16 PM

Soft clothes and smooth things to lie on have become so important. I find most upholstery fabrics irritating so I cover the sofa with quilts. I am also getting a lot of use out of netflix and amazon prime for offering the offbeat things I find distracting. We're currently binge watching Happy Tree Friends ( if you look it up you may be very sorry!), an animated program where cute care bear type creatures die horribly mutilated in creatively disturbed and graphic medically correct ways. Captivating and easy to refrain from snacking while watching. Its target audience is probably 16 year old boys, but since I have one of those it gives me an excuse.

Healthgirl 04-20-2015 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canagirl (Post 1136781)
My heart goes out to you. I too lie awake all night but I find it hard to even watch tv. Have u tried sleeping pills? I am going to ask my doc for some. Maybe if we can sleep all night it might help our pai

It is hard to watch tv, but at least I don't feel so alone and it helps distract. I don't take sleeping pills but I take 1/2 valium maybe 2 times a week on desperate nights. Sometimes it helps a little. Last night it did not. I am pretty miserable right now.

Healthgirl 04-20-2015 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baba222 (Post 1136832)

I don't even need to click on that link! I have been that princess for my whole life. Even before I developed this.
That is why it is one of my favorite stories to read to my kids:)