NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Peripheral Neuropathy (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/)
-   -   Symptoms: Constant or Intermittent (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/219036-symptoms-constant-intermittent.html)

anon050715 04-19-2015 09:51 AM

Symptoms: Constant or Intermittent

Are your PN symptoms constant or intermittent during the course of a day? Or are there some days you are symptom free while other days you have flare ups?

Yesterday I was pretty much was symptom free the entire day but for me it might come back the next day. Some days the symptoms might not appear till the afternoon.

canagirl 04-19-2015 12:47 PM

Don't take those periods for granted! Be happy andcount your blessings. Do not stress about when it will come back.
My symtpoms are constant in every part my body and haven't quit ( not for one second) since this started.

twitchwitch 04-19-2015 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UTGrad (Post 1136785)
Are your PN symptoms constant or intermittent during the course of a day? Or are there some days you are symptom free while other days you have flare ups?

Yesterday I was pretty much was symptom free the entire day but for me it might come back the next day. Some days the symptoms might not appear till the afternoon.

I have good and bad days. Not ever totally symptom free. If there is less pain, I'll have more twitching. Or visa versa.

Tunaboy 04-19-2015 05:49 PM

Mine are intermittent. But I never feel totally symptom free. It's least intense in the morning upon waking. It seems to get worse, the more active I am.

Ragtop262 04-19-2015 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tunaboy (Post 1136888)
Mine are intermittent. But I never feel totally symptom free. It's least intense in the morning upon waking. It seems to get worse, the more active I am.

Yeah, mine are pretty similar to Tunaboy's description. Last 2 days have been pretty good. Maybe it's the new supplements I added in, but not getting my hopes up. It seems that every time I have a couple good days, I come crashing down with a flare up. Then, just when I'm really down because the symptoms are getting worse, I have a good day. Kind of like a roller coaster ride really.

janieg 04-19-2015 10:25 PM

My feet and legs are at their best in the morning when I first get up. I feel the paresthesia, but there's no pain or discomfort. Unfortunately I'm also "buzzing" from head to toe when I first wake up, but that goes away as soon as I get moving.

I'm definitely more comfortable if I'm moving, so I'll have better days during the day if I'm active. In the evening when I'm sedentary, though, is when symptoms will kick in. But even then, I'll have good evenings and bad evenings, with no apparent cause. I'm trying to keep a log so I can at least try to figure something out.

Yesterday, I did about 5 hours of heavy gardening (put out 3 yds of mulch with a lot of walking and hauling) and felt pretty good last night. Today I walked 5.5 miles on the golf course, and my feet are on fire right now. :confused:

en bloc 04-19-2015 10:52 PM

Mine started many years ago as intermittent, but have been constant for at east the last 4-5 years.

anon050715 04-21-2015 09:34 PM

Fingers crossed but I'm going through a good stretch of a few days now. I've learned to live "one day at a time" but right now it's not bad at all. Very subtle.