NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Peripheral Neuropathy (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/)
-   -   It's raining and I'm in pain........ (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/21913-raining-im-pain.html)

Roxie2007 06-15-2007 09:23 PM

It's raining and I'm in pain........

I know when it's raining my arthritis hurts.......but does rain cause Neuropathy/Myopathy to hurt also?
It's rained all day here in Houston and I'm in major pain tonight. My arms and shoulders and upper legs are aching......not my joints. I took another Lyrica this evening but it hasn't helped much. I'm sure tired of this pain! Roxie

Brian 06-16-2007 01:05 AM

Hi Roxie,
As far as weather affecting PN, i can only say about my case, i had mostly small nerve damage & some large nerve involvement going on by the emg, cold weather was a god send for me, but if it got over 25 degrees Cel', the burning would always get worse.
Didn't you have neuro appointment coming up ? didn't they give you any other meds to help you with the pain?

Roxie2007 06-16-2007 09:13 AM

HI Brian,
I see my dr. a week from Monday. He's going to be out of town this coming week. I have been awake on and off all night. My arms and legs ache and kinda feel like they are buzzing.....but it's an intense ache too. It's very hot and humid here in Houston now, but we have the a/c on. so I don't know what's causing the pain....the cold a/c or the hot and humid weather...I just know my whole body aches.....nerve and muscle pain sure does sux!

MelodyL 06-16-2007 09:29 AM

Brian:

I have one question for you!!! If it get's over 25 degrees, and you start to burn, why then are you not living in Antarctica??? Or Iceland? Or Alaska??

There has to be some place where it's cold and you can live. Or is that completely out of the ball park!!!

My aunt lives upstate in Coxsackie NY. The snow is like 20 feet when it falls.

And forget about the temp. I have never visited her because I can't stand the cold. I have arthritis and scoliosis, so my body likes 95 degree weather!!

lol
Melody

HeyJoe 06-16-2007 03:29 PM

Melody he means 25 Celcius which is 77 farenheit.

MelodyL 06-16-2007 03:53 PM

Now how stupid am I???? LOL

Thanks for the heads up. I'm hanging my head right now.

Melody

Roxie2007 06-16-2007 04:15 PM

Hey It's ok Mel.......I had to re read what he wrote me too......I was thinking 25 degrees when I first read it myself! LOL We aren't used to the whole Celcius thing! lol Roxie

Brian 06-16-2007 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roxie2007 (Post 113644)
HI Brian,
I see my dr. a week from Monday. He's going to be out of town this coming week. I have been awake on and off all night. My arms and legs ache and kinda feel like they are buzzing.....but it's an intense ache too. It's very hot and humid here in Houston now, but we have the a/c on. so I don't know what's causing the pain....the cold a/c or the hot and humid weather...I just know my whole body aches.....nerve and muscle pain sure does sux!

Roxie, I automatically think cold when i read its raining heavily, its our winter right now which i should have thought of, it is the opposite season over in the US.
Actually we were talking about this not so long ago, about the Barometer readings, It would be great if Bob tuned in here, because it was discussed that it didn't matter what the temperature was on the outside of your home, it still affected people with PN, even being inside your home, so the heat or humidity might explain your increased symptoms.
As your nerves are damaged and send confused signals through your nervous system.
I hope they settle down for you soon & your neuro can prescribe something else to help you more.
all the best,
Brian :)

Brian 06-16-2007 08:48 PM

Thanks Joe, for the explanation of degrees.
In Australia, we use to only have Fahrenheit readings, i don't know why but they decided to change it to Celcius, it took a long time to get use to Celcius
They also changed our measure as well, we use to measure in Miles, yards, feet, inches and that's how i was taught at school but they decided to muck things up there as well and change it all to metric measurements, i still use the old imperial measurements, i can't get use to metric[ i don't want to really ]:)
Not happy just buggering up those two and confusing the elder people more so but they also changed our currency as well, we use to only use Pounds, shillings and pence but they changed that to dollars and cents.
So there's my excuse for any muck ups :D :D

Brian 06-16-2007 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelodyL (Post 113775)
Now how stupid am I???? LOL

Thanks for the heads up. I'm hanging my head right now.

Melody

:D :D No need for that Melody, i do the same when i hear a farenheit reading :eek: anyone that can speak 5 languages is pretty smart in my book.
You know i have never seen snow in my life, in my state we have mountains covered with snow alright but i have or never had any desire to go to them, my body hates real cold places too.

Brian :)