NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Peripheral Neuropathy (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/)
-   -   Massage send tingles? (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/219148-massage-send-tingles.html)

canagirl 04-21-2015 02:08 PM

Massage send tingles?

If you massage your shoulder/back and you send tingles and prickles down your arm (if upper back) or leg (if upper leg is massaged) does that indicate nerve entrapment or just normal for PN?

Also, does anybody get the feeling that a muscle(s) get stuck? Like I may be sitting crossed legged on the floor and when I get up it feels like a muscle in my leg "pop" into place after being pulled along with the rest. It doesn't hurt at all, just feels uncomfortable...like the muscles aren't working together. It doesn't happen all the time, just sometimes.

beatle 04-21-2015 02:35 PM

Everyone responds differently to massage. It seems to help some and not others. I am doing a series of four full body massages next week. It is one of the few things that helps me.

Enna70 04-21-2015 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canagirl (Post 1137304)
If you massage your shoulder/back and you send tingles and prickles down your arm (if upper back) or leg (if upper leg is massaged) does that indicate nerve entrapment or just normal for PN?

Also, does anybody get the feeling that a muscle(s) get stuck? Like I may be sitting crossed legged on the floor and when I get up it feels like a muscle in my leg "pop" into place after being pulled along with the rest. It doesn't hurt at all, just feels uncomfortable...like the muscles aren't working together. It doesn't happen all the time, just sometimes.

Yes, massage on certain parts send tingles....and I can't sit on the floor anymore, my leg fall asleep...sitting and my fingers go numb....and yes we all respond differently to touch....:grouphug:

Jomar 04-21-2015 05:09 PM

[ the feeling that a muscle(s) get stuck? ]
could be hyper mobile?

Tunaboy 04-21-2015 05:47 PM

Yes if I scratch the top of my left thigh, I feel tingles in my toes.

Ragtop262 04-21-2015 06:13 PM

Yeah, I have a few of those strange spots (like rubbing my right shin sends a mild electric shock type feeling into the toes). Not sure if it's part of the PN or not, just something I noticed recently.

Neuroproblem 04-22-2015 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canagirl (Post 1137304)

It means your nerves are working, if it sends pain, or feels numb, while you massage.