NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Peripheral Neuropathy (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/)
-   -   neuropathy does it hurt all the time (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/219811-neuropathy-hurt-time.html)

razzle51 05-05-2015 06:54 AM

neuropathy does it hurt all the time

drs say I have it in my feet , but I have the tingling and flushing feeling , no burning ...dr put me on Cymbalta and it helps some. Of courase when I get off my feet its quits... Do you think this is Neuropathy

Ragtop262 05-05-2015 08:42 AM

The short answer is: No, neuropathy isn't painful for everyone. Some just get weakness, some numbness, some tingling - and many other symptoms.

What kind of testing did you have done before the doctors made their diagnosis?

There are lots of things that can cause tingling feet and yes, neuropathy is one of the major ones. Sometimes they can make a diagnosis just based on a physical exam, but usually there is some testing done to rule out other things.

But - if you do have neuropathy, the more important questions are: What is causing the neuropathy? and What can be done to correct the underlying cause?

The best way to really control neuropathy is to find and correct the underlying cause. Unfortunately, it can often be difficult to pin down. In that case, you kind of have to take a "shotgun approach" - (consider dietary/lifestyle improvements, take some supplements that support nerve health and circulation, and often it is necessary to take medications). Read through the posts on this forum - and you can find many good ideas that may be helpful for you as you try to figure out this disease.

razzle51 05-06-2015 05:30 AM

all the testing I got was a EMG and it was fine... I have made an apt with a foot dr to see what he thinks...thanks

mrsD 05-06-2015 06:58 AM

The foot doctor may be best...

Pain worse on walking/standing may be mechanical in nature, and fixable.

My pain is always worse at night in bed.

anon050715 05-06-2015 03:27 PM

My PN like symptoms are rarely painful but certainly annoying/uncomfortable.

I'm seeing a foot doc Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

baba222 05-06-2015 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsD (Post 1140461)

Yes, indeed...+1

Healthgirl 05-06-2015 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baba222 (Post 1140582)
Yes, indeed...+1

Oh God,
the nights. The stabbing.:(

anon050715 05-06-2015 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsD (Post 1140461)
The foot doctor may be best...

Pain worse on walking/standing may be mechanical in nature, and fixable.

My symptoms are worse in the evening as well.

madisongrrl 05-06-2015 06:49 PM

I can relate. Last night I was burning and buzzing from my neck down to my thighs and butt. I couldn't figure out what caused my symptoms to flair so badly and what side to try to sleep on....I settled on my left side with a pillow between my knees.

razzle51 05-08-2015 04:58 AM

I do not have pain at night .. not any that is why I am questioning if I even have it....