NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Peripheral Neuropathy (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/)
-   -   New Stem Cell Treatment Reduces Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy Inflammation (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/220039-stem-cell-treatment-reduces-diabetic-peripheral-neuropathy-inflammation.html)

jurgen975 05-09-2015 07:33 AM

New Stem Cell Treatment Reduces Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy Inflammation

Its a old article that I never found in my previous searches

http://www.stemcellpioneers.com/show...y-Inflammation

http://www.patientsforstemcells.org/...re-stem-cells/

EnglishDave 05-09-2015 11:11 AM

Hi Jurgen,

Interesting articles - especially the second.

I have always found stem cell therapies to be a moral grey area at best, and benefits/risks are huge unknowns. Personally, I would only ever consider the use of my own stem cells, and the 2nd article states those treatments are of the least value to Medical Research. What is the likelihood of this research being pursued?

Dave.

jurgen975 05-09-2015 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EnglishDave (Post 1141273)
Hi Jurgen,

Interesting articles - especially the second.

I have always found stem cell therapies to be a moral grey area at best, and benefits/risks are huge unknowns. Personally, I would only ever consider the use of my own stem cells, and the 2nd article states those treatments are of the least value to Medical Research. What is the likelihood of this research being pursued?

Dave.

I agree with you that the second article is interesting.I am not a expert but the university of San Diego is doing research if some kind of stemcell therapy could help people with a PN.

Neuroproblem 05-10-2015 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jurgen975 (Post 1141335)
I agree with you that the second article is interesting.I am not a expert but the university of San Diego is doing research if some kind of stemcell therapy could help people with a PN.

Those articles, doesnt have any peer-review or come from a scientific journal, i avoid searches that arnt academic, it seems to fishy to be true, if its not been tested.

jurgen975 05-10-2015 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neuroproblem (Post 1141383)
Those articles, doesnt have any peer-review or come from a scientific journal, i avoid searches that arnt academic, it seems to fishy to be true, if its not been tested.

I agree with you but i keep digging. Ithink we need to be proactive.
And to be honest i am getting a little bit bored we need solutions.

northerngal 05-10-2015 07:34 PM

In everything in life we have choices.....we can sit back and wait for a solution...or we can be part of the solution. This is why I decided to try the adipose (my own stem cells taken from abdomen fat) stem cell therapy for nerve regeneration.
Of coarse in every situation, each must weigh the pro's and cons. In my situation, being very healthy other than the PN, I did not feel I was putting myself at risk with this procedure.
My biggest concern was having it done in a real doctors office---clean sterile environment, and having a real Doctor, knowledgeable and excited about the future of stem cells doing the procedure. I was fortunate and found these.
Now to wait and see if it does anything to regenerate my nerves...........

EnglishDave 05-11-2015 07:32 AM

Hi Northerngal,

Adipose eh? Are you sure your Doctor isn't Dr Who? :D

In all seriousness, this is what I like about the Forums, there are Members trying different treatments all the time.

Your's is the sort of stem cell therapy I would consider, and I hope for the best resolution for you. Please keep us informed.

Dave.

baba222 05-11-2015 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by northerngal (Post 1141537)
In everything in life we have choices.....we can sit back and wait for a solution...or we can be part of the solution. This is why I decided to try the adipose (my own stem cells taken from abdomen fat) stem cell therapy for nerve regeneration.
Of coarse in every situation, each must weigh the pro's and cons. In my situation, being very healthy other than the PN, I did not feel I was putting myself at risk with this procedure.
My biggest concern was having it done in a real doctors office---clean sterile environment, and having a real Doctor, knowledgeable and excited about the future of stem cells doing the procedure. I was fortunate and found these.

Have you noticed anything yet?

Maryoochi 05-11-2015 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by northerngal (Post 1141537)

Please, tell me more about this procedure. Once they extract the stem cells from your abdomen are they injected into your ankles? Your feet? Or are they put into some growth medium first and eventually injected back into your body? Sorry if I'm sounding really dumb but I guess it's really obvious that I know zilch about the the process involved refrom my questions that I know very little about the what's actually involved in this process.

Today a podiatrist suggested infrared light therapy. I signed up for it but I have my doubts if it will really help me. Is it possible that this therapy is worth trying? Has anybody tried this or anything else? I need some guidance. Thanks.

northerngal 05-11-2015 09:28 PM

It is still too early to expect too much yet. I have had some minor sensory changes. I have not had any increase in strength.