NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/)
-   -   I forget what feeling normal feels like/ worried I won't know when I'm better? (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/220101-forget-feeling-normal-feels-worried-wont-im.html)

SamG11 05-10-2015 03:43 PM

I forget what feeling normal feels like/ worried I won't know when I'm better?

Hi all,

This will be tough to explain. Anyways I'll start off my post by explaining when and how I hit my head like I do every post :). I hit my head way back in October 2014, I was playing football in the backyard of my friends house when I hit the back of my head. Ever since then I haven't been the same

Ever since I hit my head I've been in this weird ,dreamy, fog. Like depersonalization, I just call it foginesss now. Basically I just feel different, and not like I used to. Being 6 to almost 7 months post my concussion things should soon get healed. But I'm nervous, I'm nervous that I won't know when I feel better cause I got so used to this foggy/ dreamy feeling. I forget what my normal self felt likE. I can tell right now that I'm not healed. Because my brain gets very itchy and heavy when I do to much in the day. And I just have other concussion symptoms.

Hope you guys get what I'm saying,
Thanks
Sam

SuperElectric 05-10-2015 05:52 PM

What happened with me is that I began to get short periods in the day where I felt alert and kind of alive. At first they didn't last long but gradually very slowly they got longer until now I feel back to how I was nearly all the time. I've had to make myself re learn my old normal behaviour after months of being held hostage to PCS, it's been a weird trip and not quite over yet.

RJam 05-11-2015 04:08 PM

I felt the same way. You'll notice every couple of months when you improve bit by bit. I'm 30 months in now and I feel way better than I did when I started. however I still have a long road to go

Bud 05-13-2015 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJam (Post 1141700)
I felt the same way. You'll notice every couple of months when you improve bit by bit. I'm 30 months in now and I feel way better than I did when I started. however I still have a long road to go

Sam,

I know exactly what you mean!! I don't remember what I used to feel like and don't have a clue if I am normal now or not but I don't think so.

I was an active person....gym, water and snow ski, pilot for work and can't chase my grandkids around like I used to. Now, none of the above but I don't know if I am just stuck in a rut or don't feel good. Weird place to be!

I can tell I am improving, just not fast. I am handling work now which I was very concerned about. This time of year is 15 hour days and a lot of driving and organization in our crop dusting business. I am aware I am not my normal self but I am doing it and that is what counts.

Bud