NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Anxiety and OCD (https://www.neurotalk.org/anxiety-and-ocd/)
-   -   Frustrated with symptoms (https://www.neurotalk.org/anxiety-and-ocd/220897-frustrated-symptoms.html)

Sandy65 05-29-2015 12:24 PM

Frustrated with symptoms

Hi I am new here. I am 50 years old and I struggle with OCD and GAD, I have notice that when I am stressed out that my systems get worse hard to control. I was wondering if anyone experiences that before and what coping skills has helped. I take Luvox and it does work for me, the stress makes it harder for me. thanks take care.

Lara 05-29-2015 04:33 PM

Hello Sandy,
Welcome to NeuroTalk. :)

I'm sorry you're dealing with OCD and GAD. Is this something new or have you always had anxiety like this?

What do you mean by ' systems ' ?

Sandy65 05-29-2015 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lara (Post 1145197)
Hello Sandy,
Welcome to NeuroTalk. :)

I'm sorry you're dealing with OCD and GAD. Is this something new or have you always had anxiety like this?

What do you mean by ' systems ' ?

HI there Lara,
thanks. No I always had OCD and GAD. It just when my stress level gets high my symptoms of my illness.Sorry I spelled the word wrong. take care.

Lara 05-29-2015 05:12 PM

Thank you Sandy.
I fixed the thread title for you.

Sandy65 05-29-2015 05:23 PM

Thanks so much. take care. hugs

kiwi33 05-29-2015 05:57 PM

Hi Sandy65

I have no experience of OCD or GAD but I do live with MDD.

As well as medication, I have found that using Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and mindfulness/meditation methods, which my clinical psychologist taught me, helpful.

I used to go to a therapy group for people with mood disorders. Other group members, with OCD and/or GAD, reported that these methods were beneficial for them.

Perhaps they are options which you could consider?

Sandy65 05-29-2015 06:16 PM

Thanks so much. I have heard about Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and I am going to try it out. I will mention it to my therapist. again thanks. take care. hugs

EnglishDave 05-29-2015 06:41 PM

Hi Sandy,

I suffer from severe Anxiety/Panic Attack issues, probably tied in with a Genetic Predisposition and a Personality Disorder.

Like a fair many Members here, I use Meditation to strengthen my mind and calm my thoughts at the end of the day. Although I still suffer - due in the main to an irresponsible Psychologist - I would be far worse without this practice.

I cannot take the beta blockers I used to rely on any more as my Cardiologist changed my heart meds, so I am med-free where Anxiety is concerned.

If you would like to expand, talk about triggers or anything else that you may find helpful I am always around.

Dave.

Sandy65 05-29-2015 07:08 PM

thanks Dave, I will talk to you soon,promise, need to relax,my anxiety is bothering me tonight, just hanging in there. you can write to me anytime. take care.