NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Dentistry & Dental Issues (https://www.neurotalk.org/dentistry-and-dental-issues/)
-   -   question for B (https://www.neurotalk.org/dentistry-and-dental-issues/221558-question.html)

razzle51 06-13-2015 02:04 PM

question for B

I HAD TOOTH NO. 14 REMOVED BY ORAL SURGEON and I have no 15 missing . I do have 16 also .. so there is a space between the 2.. this removal was 2 weeks ago . now tooth 16 is getting looser , should I have it removed also ... I wish they would have done that too while I was there.. thanks

SO NOW I Have 13 and 16

Bryanna 06-13-2015 07:42 PM

Hi razzel,

Why was #14 and 15 removed? Why is #16 loose? Do you have periodontal disease?

razzle51 06-16-2015 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bryanna (Post 1148176)
Hi razzel,

Why was #14 and 15 removed? Why is #16 loose? Do you have periodontal disease?

14 was abcessed and 15 was removed many many years ago.....no periodontal disease , just bone loss I assume . went to another dentist yesterday and she said it needs to go also .. bone loss so I guess its coming out , will have to end up getting a partial for that side ....

Bryanna 06-16-2015 10:27 AM

Hi razzle,

Bone loss is usually caused by gum disease or an accident that caused trauma to the teeth. Bone loss does not occur when the gums and teeth are healthy. Even in older people ;)

Do you have other teeth in the upper right that are loose? If so, then perhaps before the partial denture is made, a thorough evaluation should be done so that you don't end up with a partial denture that you cannot wear because other teeth need to be removed. A partial denture can replace missing teeth on both sides of the arch but it has to be fabricated in such a way to be able to replace all of them. Otherwise it would be useless if other teeth were removed later on.

razzle51 06-16-2015 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bryanna (Post 1148710)
Hi razzle,

Bone loss is usually caused by gum disease or an accident that caused trauma to the teeth. Bone loss does not occur when the gums and teeth are healthy. Even in older people ;)

Do you have other teeth in the upper right that are loose? If so, then perhaps before the partial denture is made, a thorough evaluation should be done so that you don't end up with a partial denture that you cannot wear because other teeth need to be removed. A partial denture can replace missing teeth on both sides of the arch but it has to be fabricated in such a way to be able to replace all of them. Otherwise it would be useless if other teeth were removed later on.

no do not have anymore loose teeth and dentist thought partial would work well on that side . thanks