NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Vitamins, Nutrients, Herbs and Supplements (https://www.neurotalk.org/vitamins-nutrients-herbs-and-supplements/)
-   -   That Elusive Sleep (My Remedy) (https://www.neurotalk.org/vitamins-nutrients-herbs-and-supplements/221696-elusive-sleep-remedy.html)

caroline2 06-16-2015 03:36 PM

That Elusive Sleep (My Remedy)

I knew I posted this somewhere it and it was in the Sleep Issues section here. I was reminded of this as I read a NewsBot article on Poor Sleep and Cardio Disease. And then I thought of a bridge friend last Saturday who looked like death when she arrived for bridge...she says she stays up on the computer to 3:30AM or so and she's full of stress and anxiety and anger issues. This NewsBot article here is good to check. My friends know I sleep good and how I worked on a remedy for myself...She asked for it and I sent it to her a day later..she thanked me and said "you may have saved my life"... Here is my combo that gives me 8-10 hrs nightly....

There are so many negatives to NOT getting good sleep. Sleep is so healing.

I start my remedy about 3 hrs before I want to hit the pillow.

I probably started having sleep issues at about 61 which hit with Fibro syndrome. That was in mid 1999. I worked hard at getting sleep issues fixed. With the help of a friend, we came up with this combo:

7:30PM
3/4mg Melatonin (1mg Soure Naturals, break to get 3/4mg)
500mg Inositol and or 500mg Gaba
Learning what works best for your body.
I've learned to work with these 2 "calmers" so use thru the
day too.

10:30-11PM
500mg Inositol and usually 1 Calms Forte' (homeopathic)

All the above can be adjusted for the person.

This combo gives me 8-10 hrs pretty good sleep.

I've never taken pharma sleep drugs and worked long and hard to get the above combo that works for me.

If I cannot get back to sleep after bathroom run at 3AM or so, I take another Inositol or Calms and this puts me back to sleep good. Lately, I don't need help during middle of night.

Besides Fibro "stuff", OA lives in me bodywide, and a mess from hip replacement in 2010. Left me with nerve damage, IT band damage, shorter leg....good grief.....

Oh, and 2 Advil at 11PM, so no pain during the night.

caroline2 10-23-2015 12:52 AM

I just read from some members on taking higher doses of melatonin and how horribly they felt from that high of a dose. I still do very well on my 1/2 to 3/4mg and my other things I take for sleep. I'm waiting for glycine to arrive as I'm going to take some too as I've read it can help with arthritis conditions.

caroline2 01-13-2018 05:58 PM

Thought I'd update this post. I now take 1.5mg Melatonin, 1/2mg about 8PM, 1mg about 9PM or so.

To this whole remedy I've added 500mg Tryptophan and 50mg P-5-P as I've been waking up and having trouble getting back to sleep. Now when I wake up bathroom runs, I get back to a good sleep with these additions.

Pain is what wakes me up and aging. But I can do it all with Alternatives.