NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Peripheral Neuropathy (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/)
-   -   Feet nerves very irritated (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/222167-feet-nerves-irritated.html)

jurgen975 06-26-2015 02:29 PM

Feet nerves very irritated

Hi,

Is it possible that R-lipioc acid could make the symptomes in my feet wurse.

I am not sure about the above statement because i have been stretching my calves this last week for a couple of times.
I know that stretching can irritate my feet but it has never been so bad as now so i wander if this could be caused by R-lipioc acid because i use this now for two weeks.
On the other hand my hands feel a little bit better and the nerves are irritated when doing dumbell training excesices.

mrsD 06-26-2015 02:40 PM

Stretching stretches the nerves that are in the tendons. These are very sensitive so do the stretching gently.

Try soaking in epsom salts with lukewarm water. you can even put a cloth soaked with the mixture on your legs if you don't have a bathtub. I did that on a vacation once. Mix about 2oz to a gallon of warm water in a pan and get a clean cloth or thin towel, wet and place over the lower leg ...this takes longer than a bathtub but does work to help with the nerve pain.

caroline2 06-27-2015 04:28 PM

Listening to our PRP and Stem Cell MD on radio a little while ago, and he gets calls from many and not just with joint issues. A man called in complaining about all the pain in his feet and called it PN...and asked if the MD did his work for PN, the doc said no, my work is for joint issues....then the doc went on to question the man....he talked about diet and the man said he eats well, LOTS of fruits and hardly any veggies, the doc said, you've got to reverse that man....the man was in a shock, like he didn't know. I find that hard to believe, don't the conventional MD's talk about diet to their patients? Then he did say he was Type II diabetic. But he eats a Lot of fruits. Sugar!!!!

I like fruit, but keep consumption to a minimum.

Nutrition is so critical.

I take alpha lipoic acid, 300mg couple times per day...take it due to femoral nerve damage I deal with. I'm not worse due to ALA. I think the other 2 nerve supps I take are helping with the nerve pain I'm dealing with on right thigh....I've posted about the two here: inosine and sphingolin.

zkrp01 06-28-2015 10:54 AM

Mortons Epsom Salt Lotion

Quote:

Originally Posted by jurgen975 (Post 1150988)
Hi,

Is it possible that R-lipioc acid could make the symptomes in my feet wurse.

I am not sure about the above statement because i have been stretching my calves this last week for a couple of times.
I know that stretching can irritate my feet but it has never been so bad as now so i wander if this could be caused by R-lipioc acid because i use this now for two weeks.
On the other hand my hands feel a little bit better and the nerves are irritated when doing dumbell training excesices.

If the pain is skin deep or burning or tender. Good Luck, Ken in Texas

caroline2 06-28-2015 04:45 PM

On my post above where the MD was talking to a man who called in with PN, I forgot the doc also asked the man if he consumed alcohol and the man said Yes, the doc said...you need to change it all. That's why I wonder, do the doctors not talk about this to patients...

icelander 06-28-2015 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caroline2 (Post 1151426)
On my post above where the MD was talking to a man who called in with PN, I forgot the doc also asked the man if he consumed alcohol and the man said Yes, the doc said...you need to change it all. That's why I wonder, do the doctors not talk about this to patients...

I have found in my experience that many doctors don't tell and don't know.