NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Dentistry & Dental Issues (https://www.neurotalk.org/dentistry-and-dental-issues/)
-   -   Bad case of tooth & jaw infection - Type 2 (https://www.neurotalk.org/dentistry-and-dental-issues/222403-bad-tooth-jaw-infection-type-2-a.html)

kf6vci 07-02-2015 06:43 AM

Bad case of tooth & jaw infection - Type 2

It was a relief when my dentist in Hanoi began RCT. The stench was terrible, but no injection needed. He left the tooth open and it got contaminated with food.

The next appointment was less pleasant. There appears to be some nerve tissue left somewhere... The doc put in antibiotics and closed it up. This triggered another inflammation and a considerable swelling followed. Making me return to the clinic. The cap was removed and I was to take antibiotics pills named Fravigyle

Can't detect any improvement. Instead, the infection has spread from the right side to the area under my chin. At lunch, I had difficulties opening my mouth to eat.

Reading another thread here, I will ask to extract the offending back molar asap. It feels lose and I imagine it swimming in a sea of foul bacteria.

Swallowing is not easy and this is a bad development. I may not be able to open my mouth wide enough for dental work getting done!
The pharmacist doesn't speak English. I tried to buy some more antibiotics to try some desperate self-medication.

This might be diabetes related as my sugar levels have been very high.

Bryanna 07-02-2015 01:42 PM

kf6vci,

Yes, your description indicates a very bad infection. Keeping that tooth, as you have discovered, is not wise as the infection will continue to spread. Hopefully by now you have found an oral surgeon to remove that infected tooth. How are you doing?

Quote:

Originally Posted by kf6vci (Post 1152244)
It was a relief when my dentist in Hanoi began RCT. The stench was terrible, but no injection needed. He left the tooth open and it got contaminated with food.

The next appointment was less pleasant. There appears to be some nerve tissue left somewhere... The doc put in antibiotics and closed it up. This triggered another inflammation and a considerable swelling followed. Making me return to the clinic. The cap was removed and I was to take antibiotics pills named Fravigyle

Can't detect any improvement. Instead, the infection has spread from the right side to the area under my chin. At lunch, I had difficulties opening my mouth to eat.

Reading another thread here, I will ask to extract the offending back molar asap. It feels lose and I imagine it swimming in a sea of foul bacteria.

Swallowing is not easy and this is a bad development. I may not be able to open my mouth wide enough for dental work getting done!
The pharmacist doesn't speak English. I tried to buy some more antibiotics to try some desperate self-medication.

This might be diabetes related as my sugar levels have been very high.

kf6vci 07-02-2015 08:24 PM

the infection has spread - mouth, throat and the chest's pink & swollen

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bryanna (Post 1152326)
kf6vci,

Yes, your description indicates a very bad infection. Keeping that tooth, as you have discovered, is not wise as the infection will continue to spread. Hopefully by now you have found an oral surgeon to remove that infected tooth. How are you doing?

Thank you, Bryanna

This morning, I notice a big swollen area on my chest. It's round, pink and about an inch swollen. That area is below my throat...

The dentist only comes to his clinic at 5 pm. Will be there! Fear this is turning pretty bad as I've problems eating and swallowing. And that thing under my tongue is grotesquely swollen as well.

Bryanna 07-03-2015 08:27 AM

kf6vci,

I really hope you were able to see the dentist yesterday and get that tooth out. Hope you can check in with us today.

Bryanna

Quote:

Originally Posted by kf6vci (Post 1152427)
Thank you, Bryanna

This morning, I notice a big swollen area on my chest. It's round, pink and about an inch swollen. That area is below my throat...

The dentist only comes to his clinic at 5 pm. Will be there! Fear this is turning pretty bad as I've problems eating and swallowing. And that thing under my tongue is grotesquely swollen as well.