NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.neurotalk.org/new-member-introductions/)
-   -   Altered sensation on soles of Feet (https://www.neurotalk.org/new-member-introductions/223102-altered-sensation-soles-feet.html)

maskonsoles 07-16-2015 06:35 PM

Altered sensation on soles of Feet

Hi
I am new to this Forum and live in NZ.
I read a Post written by Sarah in 2011 about her having an altered sensation on the soles of her Feet and it sounded very similar to my own situation.
This feeling has now gone a little up the outside of my calf especially in my R. leg. I don't notice this during the day especially when I have my Feet on the ground, but much more so in bed at Night. It does feel like she said - I have put a Face Mask over the soles of my Feet!
Can she or anyone else throw some light on what is causing this?
I have had extensive spinal surgeries including from T10 - Pelvis - a Revision surgery due to a mess up many years ago from a short Fusion of L4/5 - S1 which subsequently caused 'Flatback'. However Nerve Conduction studies show that all Nerves are intact.

Lara 07-16-2015 07:36 PM

Hello and welcome to the NeuroTalk Support Groups.

I'll leave a couple of links to forums here where you may like to read and post.

Spinal Disorders & Back Pain Forum

Peripheral Neuropathy Forum

I ran a search in the Forum Search Feature for a member with Sarah in their name and posts relating to 'feet' and did find some by a member with 'Sarah' in their username, with similar problems as you, and they had posted on the PN forum (link above). If it's the same Sarah as the posts I found, they've not been here since 2011 unfortunately, but I'm sure other members here will have some ideas for you. Personally, I wouldn't rule it out being a spinal problem though, especially with your history, so please do check that forum as well.

I hope you find some answers to your situation very soon.
take care.

kiwi33 07-16-2015 08:19 PM

Hi maskonsoles

Welcome to NeuroTalk from another Kiwi :).

I hope that you find the community as knowledgeable and supportive as I have.

Darlene 07-17-2015 12:24 AM

Nice to meet you!!

:Wave-Hello: Hello and welcome, happy to see you have come to be with us, it a great place to be. As you can see we have a great number and caring fellow members here, where you have find a supportive and relaxing place. Have fun looking into the different forums. Our shoulders are here for support in many ways.

Please keep us up to date on your condition. Again welcome, looking forward to seeing you around. My thoughts and prayers are with you. :smileypray:

Darlene :hug:

DejaVu 07-22-2015 05:58 PM

Hi masksonsoles,

Welcome to Neurotalk! :)

You symptoms sound uncomfortable.
Glad nerves are intact! :)

Please do stop in at any forum!
I think the ones suggested above are great ones for you to look into!

I am on the PN forum and love it!
Great information and great company there!

Welcome to the NeuroTalk family!
hope to see you around the forums.

To Our Healing,
DejaVu