NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Epilepsy (https://www.neurotalk.org/epilepsy/)
-   -   Arachnoid brain cyst questions (https://www.neurotalk.org/epilepsy/223111-arachnoid-brain-cyst-questions.html)

loreleii 07-17-2015 12:15 AM

Arachnoid brain cyst questions

Im 29, female and I had my first seizure 2 months ago and the doctors didnt prescribe anything coz it was the first time. They said if i get another,they ll give me epilepsy medication. My diagnosis was a 2.6cm x0.6cm arachnoid cyst and abnormal brain waves after the sleep deprivation test. Also low iron, high white cell count and high creatine. I read cysts are either left alone or if they keep causing issues, they need to be operated and drained. So why dont my doctors say anything about surgery? I also have PCOS. Is my cyst considered large or small? And how serious is it exactly? What should i know? I never had any experience with seizures and cysts before,i have always been quite healthy, so im kinds freaking out now.

Porkette 07-17-2015 04:58 AM

Hi Lorelelii,

Welcome to the forum! I'm very sorry to hear that you have a cyst. I have had family that had to deal with the same problem and the best thing for you to do is see an Epileptologist at an Epilepsy Center. These Drs. specialize in epilepsy and they work with neursurgeons and other Drs. that will check more into your case.
I have found that getting a second opinion never hurts and I've had brain surgery twice. The cyst could be the problem that's causing the seizures do to the pressure on the brain along with other matters. Try taking vitamin B12 once a day cut back on the caffeine and carbs and this can help reduce seizures. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

EnglishDave 07-17-2015 05:22 PM

Hi Loreleii,

Welcome to the Community, you have found a warm and friendly place here.

As for our Arachnoid Cysts, you will find reams of information regarding the symptoms these growths in our brains can cause, but getting a Doctor to acknowledge they are symptomatic is like getting blood out of a stone. They do not even recognise ore rational fears of something growing in our brain. As you can tell, I have been through it all with Neuros, and I now have no time for them for multiple reasons.

All I can suggest is that you press and pursue your fears and options. Never be 'fobbed off', it is your brain and your health on the line.

Dave.

Darlene 07-17-2015 11:58 PM

Nice to meet you!!

:Wave-Hello: Hello and welcome, happy to see you have come to be with us, it a great place to be. As you can see we have a great number and caring fellow members here, where you have find a supportive and relaxing place. Have fun looking into the different forums. Our shoulders are here for support in many ways.

Please keep us up to date on your condition. Again welcome, looking forward to seeing you around. My thoughts and prayers are with you. :smileypray:

Darlene :hug: