NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   Extreme fatigue !! (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/223177-extreme-fatigue.html)

89danboy 07-18-2015 12:23 PM

Extreme fatigue !!

I know a lot of us have debilitating fatigue as one of our conditions.i have full body rsd ,haven't left my bed or couch in 2 years except for dr oppointments that I cancel sometimes cause my flares are so bad.i wanted to know if anyone has tried Ritalin or some stimulate for your fatigue.i tried it about 5 years ago for only a couple days but had anxiety with it and stopped taking it,so I didn't give it a shothas anyone tried Ritalin or something that helps your fatigue.thankyou and everybody have a great summer

Littlepaw 07-18-2015 01:40 PM

Hi Danboy,

I don't know about Ritalin for fatigue. Intuitively it Seems like it could be a potential misadventure. Our nervous systems are already haywire so adding on stimulation is maybe not so great.

Have you had your Vit B and D levels checked? These are commonly low in folks with chronic pain and nerve conditions and can lead to a lot of problems overall if unaddressed.

For me the biggest helpers are a diet that is as clean and nutrient dense as possible, Daily vitamins and anti-oxidants and exercise. There is always some level of activity that can be done. Even a tiny bit of exercise is helpful. When I was completely unable to bear weight I would get in a nearby pool and swish around with a buoyancy belt. It made a big difference in my strength and morale.

Keep up the fight! :hug:

RSD ME 07-18-2015 03:35 PM

hi dan boy, i was never prescribed ritalin for fatigue. i try to just rest as much as i can on really high pain days and try not to overdue it on days where my rsd is not as painful but still hurts. i also try to eat healthy and am now trying to lose all the weight i gained since i've been diagnosed with rsd. combo of meds and inactivity contributed to weight gain. i think that losing weight will help give me a little more energy back. i also try to walk a little bit when i can so i get some exercise in. mild water aerobics helped increase my energy a little but i had to stop after a few months because of the cold water and all the surgeries i went through after getting rsd. maybe you could try mild water aerobics if you dr okays it and if there is a place near you that offers it. i hope that you feel better and less tired soon. take care.

LIT LOVE 07-18-2015 09:26 PM

If you are close to a warm pool, that would be a great way to start exercising. I can't tell you how a big of difference diet and exercise make. It won't cure you, but it'll help.

I keep telling myself I need to start walking again, even if it's only a block a day to start, and I've been procrastinating... Going outside means getting dressed and putting on decent walking shoes, etc.

Since you're a fellow vampire, you should probably be taking Vit D. A few people had suggestions on specific types in my thread here: http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread222011.html

RSD ME 07-18-2015 09:40 PM

my vitamin d level has been extremely low since i got rsd. i don't go out in the sun much because the sun burns my skin quickly and the sunlite hurts my eyes. i've been trying to get my level up to i believe 50 per my dr. it was a 9 earlier this year and now i think around a 19. getting there slowly but surely by taking vit d pills. thanks for the link lit love on vit d. i will read it tonite. hope everyone has a low to no pain nite tonite. sending healing thoughts everyone's way.

happygirlpa 07-23-2015 10:09 PM

I have no experience with ritalin but i struggle with low vit-d and b-12 levels. If i take b-12 supplement in the morning it gives me a temporary boost of energy. I also have fibromyalgia which one of the symptoms is fatigue so no matter what, i need to rest each afternoon. I read somewhere that some folks w crps have fibro too. Id ck w your doctor though because there could be an underlying issue that might be fixable.