NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/)
-   -   CBD Oil - So has anyone tried it? (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/223467-cbd-oil-tried.html)

RidingRollerCoaster 07-23-2015 11:56 AM

CBD Oil - So has anyone tried it?

I saw some discussion on here a while ago about the oil, but couldn't find anything about anyone actually trying it. Unless I am not looking in the right place?

Has anyone actually tried it yet?

Thanks

Mark in Idaho 07-23-2015 04:32 PM

*Star* has some on order. Many of us can't get it due to state laws. Will your state allow it. Medical marijuana states allow it and some others do too.

PM me if you need help finding a source.

"Starr" 07-23-2015 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho (Post 1157172)
*Star* has some on order.

I actually just received my high CBD dried plant today... not oil. While oil IS going to become available in Canada soon (Health Canada has approved it) the licensed producers aren't quite ready to sell yet.

I've not tried the dried product yet. I'm horribly sick with the flu or something and I've been sleeping 20+ hours a day for the last few.

I'll be vaping the dried product, not smoking, but I'm going to need my husband's help reading the directions for the vaporizer. I don't think its THAT complicated, but I have a hard time with directions at the best of times.

Starr

Laupala 07-23-2015 07:16 PM

Is there a difference in terms of benefits for PCS between oil form vs. dry form, other than how it's administered?

Mark in Idaho 07-23-2015 09:00 PM

Oil is the concentrated and refined CBD. Dried is the plant material that will not have the high concentration of CBD and likely has more THC. THC vaporizes at a lower temp so it will more fully vaporize before the CBD vaporizing temp is reached. Stars husband has his work cut out for him.

Hopefully, she got Charlotte's Web or Avidekel or ACDC or something with similar levels of CBD. There are a few other high CBD to THC strains.

"Starr" 07-24-2015 07:50 AM

The strain I bought (and the licensed producer I'm with has several) is high CBD and nearly non existent THC, like 0.something.

But the doctor that prescribed it said that THC could also have some benefits, especially at night before bed, but not to go over an "8" with THC and preferably having that balanced with CBD.

I'm waiting until this flu passes before trying it. Probably be a few days.

Oh and I figured out the vaporizer, it wasn't hard at all, I just missed the part that said to warm it up before putting the glass thingy in... that's why it wouldn't fit in and I figured I was doing something horribly wrong. Quite a simple device.

Starr

RidingRollerCoaster 07-25-2015 10:24 PM

Thanks. I am interested to hear if the Medical Marijuana does well for you Starr.

But just to be clear, I was interested to see if anyone has tried the CBD oil, not medical marijuana. I'm not really interested in smoking anything or getting high anymore, so wanted to try the oil instead.

Thanks.

davOD 07-26-2015 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RidingRollerCoaster (Post 1157775)
Thanks. I am interested to hear if the Medical Marijuana does well for you Starr.

But just to be clear, I was interested to see if anyone has tried the CBD oil, not medical marijuana. I'm not really interested in smoking anything or getting high anymore, so wanted to try the oil instead.

Thanks.

I tried the oil for 2 months....I wanted it to help my headaches, it did make a little difference...
Looking at some of the research, is its more effective when combined with the other cannabinoids....
As I posted in another thread, cjeck out Sanjay Gupta CNN report called "Weed"