NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Epilepsy (https://www.neurotalk.org/epilepsy/)
-   -   Neuro Called me back (https://www.neurotalk.org/epilepsy/22347-neuro-called.html)

Tiger_lilly07 06-21-2007 11:52 PM

Neuro Called me back

Hey guys, I thought I'd give you an update on how things have been with me. I was actually working on talking with social securtiy about helping me get a place of my own but then I recieved a very shocking call from my neurologist.:eek: We talked about how the seizures and stuff were going and he asked me if I wanted to due a "grid" because he wants to be a 100% postive my seizures are coming from the same spot before they go back in for a fourth brain surgery. So I told him lets go ahead and do this because I'm sick of waiting around. He said I'm a very strong person because if I was any of his other patients they probably wouldn't do this all again.
The grid will only be put on my right temporal lobe but mind you I'm scared. Very scared. Will they have to shave my hair on that side??, how will it feel??, will it work?? :( I'm excited, scared and yet wondering when all this is finally going to end. As soon as I find out when I'll be heading to the hospital I will let you know. I do hope all of you are doing well!!!:grouphug:

theoneRogue420 06-22-2007 02:41 AM

Sorry, can't answer any of your questions, too new in my dx to know much about anything, really, lol.

I just wanted to say best of luck and I hope all goes well for you. :)

peppermint1 06-22-2007 07:05 AM

My goodness, Tiger_lilly, I did not know that you had already had three!! May I ask what were the dates? Wow!!

And is the "GRID" that the surgery somewhat like the EEG? The open EEG? Oh. my goodness. Sue has had one of those, right? I haven't.

I had my second "regular" surgery in my left temporal lobe last month. "Regular" - lol lol.

Best wishes and God's blessings. I will be praying for you.

Ellie 06-22-2007 10:37 AM

I can't help you much but I do know we have a few people here with experience regarding grids. I did want to wish you the best for the procedure and I really hope they can pinpoint where your seizures are coming from and get that removed. Hopefully you will be seizure free very soon!!

*hugs*

Tiger_lilly07 06-22-2007 08:30 PM

I can't really remember the exact dates of the three brain surgeries but I believe it was, 2000, 2001, and 2002 or3. The grid is the open eeg but I have a few questions for my neuro before I decide to go ahead and do it. I will keep you posted and thanks for the prayers!!

Tiger_lilly07 06-22-2007 08:32 PM

Thanks Ellie, I do hope some people who do have experience with grids will be able to help me. Thank you so much for your support! It means a great deal to me.