NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Peripheral Neuropathy (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/)
-   -   Burning increases with warm temps? (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/223845-burning-increases-warm-temps.html)

Lukesmom 07-30-2015 04:05 PM

Burning increases with warm temps?

The temps here have been in the high 80s and low 90s. I feel as though my arms and upper back are badly sunburnt...is this another part of the fun?
😥

Healthgirl 07-30-2015 04:59 PM

Yes, I am having increased burning on some of these hot days. I also get annoying hot little zaps everywhere.

EnglishDave 07-30-2015 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukesmom (Post 1158874)
The temps here have been in the high 80s and low 90s. I feel as though my arms and upper back are badly sunburnt...is this another part of the fun?
😥

Yep, anything above 70℉ increases my burning pain. The higher the temperature, the greater the pain.

Dave.

madisongrrl 07-30-2015 07:28 PM

It's been very warm here and my burning has been out of control on some days- face, head, back, butt. Ugh! I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to have to get a pain management doctor so I can continue to work and function.

What is interesting is that I'm on vacation from work this week. I've tied up all my loose ends at work so I'm not even checking my email. My stress is low and I'm sleeping over 8 hours each night. All my symptoms have improved and I haven't had very much burning even in this 80 degree temps.

Ragtop262 07-30-2015 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madisongrrl (Post 1158932)
It's been very warm here and my burning has been out of control on some days- face, head, back, butt. Ugh! I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to have to get a pain management doctor so I can continue to work and function.

What is interesting is that I'm on vacation from work this week. I've tied up all my loose ends at work so I'm not even checking my email. My stress is low and I'm sleeping over 8 hours each night. All my symptoms have improved and I haven't had very much burning even in this 80 degree temps.

Can't argue with that. I think we all need a little more vacation time - it's very therapeutic :D

Neuroproblem 07-31-2015 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukesmom (Post 1158874)
😥

No kidding, my random jabs pain is kinda annoy as well as the twitching.

pinkynose 07-31-2015 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neuroproblem (Post 1158997)
No kidding, my random jabs pain is kinda annoy as well as the twitching.

Oh yeah!! It's been in the 90's here and my burning, random jabs and twitching are worse, especially when I'm trying to sleep. The meds I take at night have not been as effective and i was trying to figure out the why again!! Thanks for this post. I'm new to all this and didn't realize heat can be a factor.