NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Peripheral Neuropathy (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/)
-   -   How many here are in 30's and 40's? (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/224786-30s-40s.html)

Healthgirl 08-19-2015 10:27 AM

How many here are in 30's and 40's?

Mine started mildly at 38 and went full blown at 39.

Hopeless 08-19-2015 11:20 AM

NOT me

Quote:

Originally Posted by Healthgirl (Post 1164014)

Oh, I wish I were in my 30's or 40's. Well, maybe not. I like being in my 60's some days.

But if you are asking when NT members first had PN symptoms, then I would have to go even lower than your question. Mine began in my late 20's.

If you are looking for members that are in your age group that are experiencing the same plight, then I am too old. :)

Hope all the young ones here will respond to your thread.

madisongrrl 08-19-2015 12:06 PM

Mine fully blasted me the week of my 38th birthday in Feb 2014. I has some pretty obvious signs the year or so leading up to that.

_dreamer_ 08-19-2015 12:07 PM

I am. Have been dealing with chronic pain for more than a decade.

Patrick Winter 08-19-2015 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Healthgirl (Post 1164014)

Mine showed up when i was 43, I am now 44, will be 45 in a month.

KnowNothingJon 08-19-2015 01:57 PM

Mine is tricky. Diagnosed diabetes related, could very well be so, though despite favorable A1C, ~22 months of vegan eating, from on my way to 44" waist to a 34" waist... everything I can control I do, reasonable to unreasonable.

Progression still moves on. It is glacial compared to acute forms I read about here, but when this started my arms were only affected during flares. Now I am arm and leg guy all the time, though my legs are worse.

I feel there is more going on, though currently reside with short stick diabetic poly neuropathy as my diagnosis. I am going to push for a nerve biopsy next neurologist appointment.

I'm 41. First symptoms recorded mid-late 30s.

Jon

LouLou1978 08-19-2015 02:37 PM

my full body sfn started about the age of 35 after my second child, no pain at first, just funny feelings in feet, and when abroad in hot weather, got a raindrop feeling all over my body. Pain only started when neuro suggested it was SFN, when I read all the horror stories the panic set in, then the pain began! Panic is defo played a role in the pain! I have calmed down now and so has the pain!:)

icelander 08-19-2015 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LouLou1978 (Post 1164091)
my full body sfn started about the age of 35 after my second child, no pain at first, just funny feelings in feet, and when abroad in hot weather, got a raindrop feeling all over my body. Pain only started when neuro suggested it was SFN, when I read all the horror stories the panic set in, then the pain began! Panic is defo played a role in the pain! I have calmed down now and so has the pain!:)

De-stressing is a key component to pain reduction. This is very difficult at first when the fear and pain are overwhelming. I know that I really was scared at first and stressed majorly. The pain then was intense and new.

Then I remembered my past effects with relaxation training. Due to the fact that I had "muscle memory" of that training I was able to relax deeply within just a day or two. The payoff was a dramatic reduction in pain. Now I've combined that with a strict diet (vegan). My blood sugar today at 2 hours after a meal was 93. In the past it was pushing 140+.

That and topical creams are a mainstay for pain reduction. They have surely worked. I'm not saying there is no pain or fear but they have been moved from terrifying and overwhelming to workable, (for now). With this disease I make no claims about the future.

canagirl 08-19-2015 07:24 PM

Started at 30, I am now 31.

beatle 08-19-2015 08:26 PM

Me: 42-45.