NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Thoracic Outlet Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/thoracic-outlet-syndrome/)
-   -   Is this a symptom of Thoracic outlet syndrome??? (https://www.neurotalk.org/thoracic-outlet-syndrome/225074-symptom-thoracic-outlet-syndrome.html)

ldchapman 08-25-2015 02:17 PM

Is this a symptom of Thoracic outlet syndrome???

I was diagnosed with Thoracic outlet syndrome about 2 months ago, my symptoms have always been pain in neck and shoulders with weakness in forearms and arms feeling heavy especially when doing any activity with arms. Some numbness in fingers occasionally. Here recently I have been having extremely aggravating muscle twitches in my thigh muscle and my upper arm muscle only on the right side, none at all in my left side. So I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue/symptom, because it is driving me nuts?

Eight 08-25-2015 10:44 PM

Yes, I have muscle spasms all over, especially in the upper back and shoulders, but also in lower body muscles.

TOS can cause all kinds of symptoms.

Are you doing botox, PT, medications??? I suggest looking into botox asap - it is amazing.

sportscoach7 07-14-2016 08:27 PM

muscle twitching with TOS

Quote:

Originally Posted by ldchapman (Post 1165793)
I was diagnosed with Thoracic outlet syndrome about 2 months ago, my symptoms have always been pain in neck and shoulders with weakness in forearms and arms feeling heavy especially when doing any activity with arms. Some numbness in fingers occasionally. Here recently I have been having extremely aggravating muscle twitches in my thigh muscle and my upper arm muscle only on the right side, none at all in my left side. So I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue/symptom, because it is driving me nuts?

I have had muscle spasms, twitching for a long time. My left arm adduction often with arm, hand performs a waiters tip deformity. Diagnosed with cervical rib three days ago, and surgery set. 8-1-16. Pray this finally ends years of pain, twitching

sportscoach7 07-24-2016 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ldchapman (Post 1165793)

I had dealt with this too, but on the left side only! Finally having surgery Aug. 1 for TOS. First rib resection.