NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   September...time for a new thread! (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/225416-september-time-thread.html)

bizi 09-01-2015 09:44 PM

September...time for a new thread!

145.5 this am
8am breakfast consists of 2 cups of coffee with half and half and liquid stevia sweetener.
Saw a client who had an ingrown toe nail so I cut it out for her and thinned her big toe nail, saved her a trip to the podiatrist.
noon lunch: grilled tuna steak, collards, beets, cantelope.
my 1pm visit was canceled my little lady fell out of bed last night and broke her hip. poor thing.
Saw my next client early and she was interesting like most of my clients, gave her a nice pedicure.
3:30pm stopped home and had a quick cup of coffee before my 4 pm appointment with a lady who I found out has end stage kidney failure and is refusing dialysis. she knows she will die and is accepting of that. So I made another appointment in 3 months but don't know if she will still be here or not. Her legs were already starting to swell. I said good bye to her.
I love my job and it is sad to say good bye.
5pm snack before dinner: one slice of sharp cheddar cheese and an ounce of almonds.
6pm Dinner: sauteed lemon peppered flounder(I have had better, hubby did not like it either) and steamed corn mixed with shredded carrots and edemame with a couple of pieces of broccoli.
Did a little paperwork to chart my visits today.
Some computer time then
Went to the gym and walked jogged 37 minutes total including a 5 minute walk warm up. 2.7 miles first jog since july....thigh feels fine. Worked up a sweat. Felt good to jog!
snack tonight I will have an apple.
getting ready to watch x-files with hubby.
Will drink some more water which has been lacking today.
9th day AF
It has been a great day!

DejaVu 09-01-2015 10:15 PM

Hi bizi,

Sounds like it was a good day overall! :)

It must be hard to say "goodbye" to your clients when it's necessary.
I'd always gotten so attached to mine. There are many I still hold dearly in my heart, even though they had passed on many years ago.

Congrats on your meals and your AF days! :D
The meals sound delicious!
Ultra-low carb? I am glad you know what works for you. :)
I'd have to add something like 1/2 c. brown rice or quinoa to each meal.

Our diets can affect our moods, sometimes in big ways. Heavier meals may cause us to feel more grounded, more sedated/calm. Lighter meals may cause us to feel less grounded and more energetic.

You are an inspiration! :)

With Admiration and Gratitude,
DejaVu

bizi 09-02-2015 06:02 AM

145 this morning back to preweight before mini vacation to florida with excessive eating and drinking. amazing how quickly the weight/bloat comes on then a couple of weeks to even out again with mindful eating and no drinking.
Up early today 5:15. Did not sleep very well last night so just got up. Am on my second cup of coffee and just made a fresh pot. Jeff should be getting up soon. He has been getting up earlier than normal with the start of school again to get a decent parking spot. He would rather sleep until 7 like usual.
I need to take a shower this morning. Would like to read the newspaper as I have not done that recently. I try to scan the obituaries daily to see if any of my clients have passed.
Thank you Mari and dejavu for your continued support.
bizi

bizi 09-02-2015 09:22 AM

and thank you bobby for reading my thread! :)
I don't think 4 cups of coffee was a good idea...I did eat an apple though!
bizi
Getting ready to go see a new client, she is soaking first. Never know what to expect for new clients!
bizi
Happy to have a job that I love!

Mari 09-03-2015 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizi (Post 1168014)
He has been getting up earlier than normal with the start of school again to get a decent parking spot. He would rather sleep until 7 like usual.

Hi,

'Wishing for better parking for your hubby. Does the parking lot start to get less packed after a few weeks?

M

Mari 09-03-2015 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizi (Post 1168040)
and thank you bobby for reading my thread! :)
I don't think 4 cups of coffee was a good idea...I did eat an apple though!
bizi
Getting ready to go see a new client, she is soaking first. Never know what to expect for new clients!
bizi
Happy to have a job that I love!

Bizi,

Keep doing well. Having a job that you love is one of the greatest blessings.:)

M

bizi 09-03-2015 08:05 AM

yes mari he left later today. They are going to change the parking garage. The first 2 floors are for staff. then 3-6 are for students. they are going to make it so that the first 2 floors are for paid parking then faculty 3+4. Don't know when that will happen...i think it stinks.
How is parking for you?

bizi

bizi 09-03-2015 08:18 AM

Today will be the first day that I decrease the geodon in the morning. I am at 75mg of lamictal in the morning with 200mg at night. 40mg geodon in am, 80mg at night for one week. I am going to call into my pdocs office to get the geodon called in 40mg doses, she only prescribed me one weeks dose of 40 anticipating that I would just take the 80 at night, I want to take it 40mg twice a day for more even coverage.
bizi
walked in the neighborhood last night even though it was a bit humid. about 2 miles in 40 minutes. Hubby likes to feed cats along the way and one small brown short haired dog. Cat treats!
still 145 this am. Happy about that, had Pho( like fuc% minus the ck)a noodle soup with kale and roasted corn and chicken a bit salty but tasty. I forgot to pull out the salmon for tonight I will do that right now.

Dmom3005 09-03-2015 06:52 PM

All sounds good.

Donna :hug::grouphug:

bizi 09-03-2015 10:50 PM

stats

Aug 2013-Jan 2014 165 days AF, July 30- AF, August 19- AF, 8 DD, 4 mod., September 21- AF, 6 DD, 3 mod. October 14- AF, 3 mod, 14 DD, November: 17- AF, 2 mod, 11-DD. December: 12- AF, 2 mod, 17 DD. January 2015: 12-AF, 18-DD.1 mod. January 23rd day one AF. February: 28- AF. March: 31- AF, April: 30 AF (jan 23rd to may 23rd 2015= 121 AF longest in over a year!) May: 24-AF, 4 mod, 3-DD, June 30 days AF! July: 7-AF, 10-mod, 14-DD, Aug 24th day one of 100 day challenge. Aug: 8 AF, 15 Mod, 8 DD.

8-31 AF gym 2.6 miles walking at 3.5 MPH 45 minutes 1st day back to the gym!!!
9-1 AF gym 2.7 miles jogging 5mph walking 3.5mph total 35 minutes
9-2 AF walked in the neighborhood 2 miles 40 minutes
9-3 AF 11th day AF.

bizi