NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Peripheral Neuropathy (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/)
-   -   progression (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/225477-progression.html)

barbie86 09-03-2015 12:41 AM

progression

Hi. When pn is progessing, new symtopms are added or there are.just new.symptoms and old are gone?

Enna70 09-03-2015 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbie86 (Post 1168221)
Hi. When pn is progessing, new symtopms are added or there are.just new.symptoms and old are gone?

My old ones are still there to welcome the new ones.......

Healthgirl 09-03-2015 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enna70 (Post 1168260)
My old ones are still there to welcome the new ones.......

This is how it was for me for 1 and a half years. It started mildly and then hit full force where I was admitted to the hospital. Things for now have settled to the point that I haven't had any "new" symptoms for about 2 months.

zkrp01 09-03-2015 12:00 PM

Move to the back of the bus

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbie86 (Post 1168221)

In my experience burning tops on my feet were in first place for several months. Then butt pain(deep muscle) took over. All the while zapping and stinging in the background. This ailment is not so nice to quit one thing before it adds another layer to the misery. In fact you could call Neuropathy a misery sandwich. IMHO there will be one thing that will be the misery of the day and most others have to go to the back of the bus until they decide it's their turn back at the front. Good Luck, Ken in Texas.

pinkynose 09-03-2015 02:56 PM

Tag you're it!

Yup! My symptom list just keeps on growing. I've been trying to make a complete list of symptoms to bring to my Dr. appointment and I keep having to update it.

One symptom usually gets my immediate attention by being such a pain and then another one tags and takes its place. Often 2 can play at the same game at the same time, like burning and stabbing. It sucks!
(Ken in Texas i love your example:winky:)

dancinglady 09-03-2015 07:40 PM

I thought that if you got a tighter control on our diabetes and numbers we could delay or lessen. Is your numbers too high??

KnowNothingJon 09-03-2015 08:30 PM

It is worth getting control. It is by far the most legit way to see results. Back before any signs of neuropathy became apparent and I was freshly minted diabetic, I was put on metformin.

I was scattershot in taking it and really didn't adjust my diet much.

I went very aggressive when I did address my diet and am around two months shy of two years eating that way.

It may not be for you to address it so drastically, but figure out what you can cut and perhaos start with "in half" portions, meter it and use that to drive change. You don't only want lower numbers, but less wild flucctuation.

It appears I am still progressing. I may be healing though. Even if it marches on, I am better for the change. Rough patches. Oh. Yeah. I joke with a friend at times that I have good patches in rough waters, though that was around a week after shingles.

I feel your best bet is to control what you can. Which is what you consume.

You can do it.

Jon