NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Books, Movies, Music and TV Talk (https://www.neurotalk.org/books-movies-music-and-tv-talk/)
-   -   TV: House of Cards (https://www.neurotalk.org/books-movies-music-and-tv-talk/226301-house-cards.html)

Lara 09-20-2015 09:22 PM

House of Cards

Anyone watched this? I'm only up to about episode 4 so very early in to it and wow, the characters that Kevin Spacey and Robin Wright play in the US "House of Cards" are extremely dark and creepy. :eek:

It's very well made and acted but those two trouble me very much. :o

DejaVu 09-20-2015 10:30 PM

Hi Lara,

I have been wanting to watch this, but have been trying to save it for the winter. Your comments have me intrigued. ;)

I will continue to try to wait longer before tuning in.

:hug:
DejaVu

Lara 09-20-2015 10:45 PM

I shall say no more. ;)

DejaVu 09-20-2015 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lara (Post 1172440)
I shall say no more. ;)

Oh, please, go ahead!
I will try to ignore this thread until I watch!
I may have to give in and watch... very soon. ;)

:hug:
DejaVu

Lara 03-13-2016 07:15 PM

Netflix has just added a whole new season all at once. Just letting you know if you watched it.

KnowNothingJon 03-13-2016 07:30 PM

I am three episodes in after nonstop being told I would enjoy the story telling. I am a huge Kevin Spacey fan- The Usual Suspects is a top 10 film to me.

I had apprehension because of politics and politics and, well what sort of people politics tends to pull in.

Well, great storytelling, but I get enough of a dose of this in reality, I think. I may dip my toe in from time to time, but I think it is not the right time for me.

I don't usually mind challenging subject matter, but I find myself knowing what to just step away from at times. For instance last year True Detective I just knew that that level of noir was not my cup of tea.

Anyway, I hope someone opens some curtains for Robin and Kevin, especially Robin. Those souls need some light thar!

Jon

Lara 03-13-2016 07:36 PM

I can understand your sentiments about the series and it certainly is very dark. The acting is exceptional however. Also, as an "outsider" as such, I love to see all the sets of the govt. buildings, and I treat it as just another drama show rather than a close to home political story.

KnowNothingJon 03-13-2016 08:14 PM

When I need a dose of Kevin Spacey or an idea of "what if Buttercup had married Humperdink?" version of Robin I am going to fire the show up, but I think it is on the slow watch, though my pace is slower anyway.

Longmire... Longmire is like a good book to me. The one more chapter before bed kind.

I will admit they chew the scenery up in this show.

Lara 03-14-2016 05:42 AM

I have a new internet connection. The one I've been using for some months now was just a mobile broadband on usb, so I couldn't watch anything at all. I started watching House of Cards earlier as I was actually looking forward to it. Mistake. It's still just as weird and creepy. I think it's actually slower. I couldn't really get into it very much. Such despicable people and I think I actually felt physically ill at one point so that's never a good thing watching a show. :o

KnowNothingJon 03-14-2016 06:43 AM

It does speak to gripping writing and acting though. It is like in Saving Private Ryan. When Oppum refuses to go save Melsh (I may be misspelling names here) who is being stabbed by a Nazi I wanted to jump in the screen and throttle him.

Gripping story telling is sometimes not the kind that is confortable. So I get where you are coming from, I think.