NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   Can make this stuff up (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/226426-stuff.html)

Enna70 09-23-2015 03:49 PM

Can make this stuff up

I don't know why but my monster is agitated..... Been taking med reg and on time. Not that humid out. Temp inside comfortable but feeling always on the verge.....so I haven't been abled to wear sock or shoe .......there I was making my smoothie and a frozen cherry slipped of my measureing cup....and landed on my drop toe....:oo this hurts so bad.....going to elevate my poor foot.

Littlepaw 09-23-2015 04:17 PM

Oh Enna! :Doh:

Let me at 'em. I'm still fired up from my steroid injections. I'll put those frozen fruits in their place! Darn cherries, can't trust 'em apparently.

:hug:

BioBased 09-23-2015 04:55 PM

No Enna you cannot make this crap up!

A frozen cherry-oh the pain! I hope you recover.

PurpleFoot721 09-23-2015 06:28 PM

Who says having a cherry on top is a good thing? Hope you were able to eat all of its friends and show it who's boss.

RSD ME 09-26-2015 02:50 PM

hi enna. i hope you're toe is feeling better now and that the cherries are keeping their distance from you.

Enna70 09-26-2015 04:24 PM

It's been a very painful week. But a learning one as well. I stayed away from cherries because I wasn't able to wear a shoe mostly...thank you one and all for your support.:hug:

Inspiretoday 09-27-2015 10:46 AM

Baby those Toes

Painful! I have had a similar experience but with a penny. It hurts!!!

One thing that I have done since I found out about the RSD & alloydonia is I constantly touch my feet. Now don't get me wrong, sometimes this hurts but it ends up feeling relieved. If I can get through the pain of my boyfriend massaging the foot very very very lightly then I call it a successful day. Closing my eyes and meditating on the pain while he does this has been a big long term success for me. It has desensitized my pain immensely. There was a time I could take showers because the water felt like daggers in the tops of my feet.

My PT was shocked that this helped me but said Continue on if it feels good in the long run. It is such a mysterious disease and what works for one person doesn't for another but I thought I would share in hopes that it could bring you the slightest bit of relief!

(PS- I have also thought about getting a size bigger tennis shoes for the days my feet just don't fit)...:hug:

Enna70 09-27-2015 02:07 PM

Hey if it works it works! Thanks for sharing.....
Fyi about nutritional shakes......ensure or equate ensure has and tastes sugary....sugar is their second ingredient. Due to a cost cutter I purchased special k....sugar is involved but not as much. But they cost a lot more....ensure/equate months worth 30$ were as a months worth of special k is 44$. So if one is worried about sugar this is my experience.....:grouphug: