NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   CRPS rash?? (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/226953-crps-rash.html)

CRPSsurvivor 10-04-2015 07:52 PM

CRPS rash??

I know I haven't been on here for a while, life has been crazy. I developed a rash a while ago. I have seen a dermatologist twice now. I'm supposed to go back in a few weeks. I have an unexplainable rash. It started on my legs. I have CRPS in my left foot and leg. It has spread all over my body, except my face. No one seems to know what it is. No meds they have given me has helped. I was just wondering if maybe it could be the CRPS. It is driving me crazy...

Littlepaw 10-04-2015 08:16 PM

Did they take a biopsy? Did you start any new meds? Any other environmental exposure? new furniture? detergent? anything?

I am certainly no expert on CRPS rash but what I have read and seen photos of seemed to be about rashes local to the CRPS limb. It being everywhere is a big question mark.

Biopsies can be expensive but should ultimately tell you something. I had a weird rash on the TOP of my CRPS foot that was thought to be everything from neurogenic to shingles. Turned out to be a weird looking presentation of athlete's foot of all the embarrassing things...:rolleyes:

CRPSsurvivor 10-04-2015 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Littlepaw (Post 1175580)
Did they take a biopsy? Did you start any new meds? Any other environmental exposure? new furniture? detergent? anything?

I am certainly no expert on CRPS rash but what I have read and seen photos of seemed to be about rashes local to the CRPS limb. It being everywhere is a big question mark.

Biopsies can be expensive but should ultimately tell you something. I had a weird rash on the TOP of my CRPS foot that was thought to be everything from neurogenic to shingles. Turned out to be a weird looking presentation of athlete's foot of all the embarrassing things...:rolleyes:

No they haven't yet taken a biopsy. I will probably be finding a new doctor. There hasn't been any new anything. I just figured it wouldn't hurt to ask...

Littlepaw 10-04-2015 08:40 PM

It never hurts to ask! I was really glad I ended up getting the biopsy, although like I said it did have cost associated with it. But I think my rash may have been written off as a neurogenic thing without it when it was easily treatable.

I hope they get it figured out soon!

RSD ME 10-04-2015 10:49 PM

i get them all the time and my dr said rsd is to blame. he's seen it happen to others with rsd too. i get rashes on my stomach, head, back and arms where my rsd originated. not much my drs can do except to tell me that they will clear up eventually. it seems that when one rash clears up another one begins. sorry you have this problems too. hope it clears up soon.

Enna70 10-05-2015 07:27 AM

Hello.....I don't get them all over but around one injury site. One doctor documented it. :grouphug:

CRPSsurvivor 10-05-2015 08:24 AM

Thanks RSD ME and Enna...

cdwall 10-05-2015 11:51 PM

Does it itch?

Enna70 10-06-2015 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdwall (Post 1175845)
Does it itch?

Mine no usually or very rarely...mine occurs when using area and stress.