NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   Hey guess who. Yall are going to get tired of me but noone else listens so atleast he (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/227097-hey-guess-yall-tired-else-listens-atleast.html)

Juliek72 10-07-2015 10:51 PM

Hey guess who. Yall are going to get tired of me but noone else listens so atleast he

Well it has been one heck of a day. My pain started at my foot and started moving all over my body which was very painful. Actually I'm still burning. I did call in sick to work too. I did though decide that I am not going to let this monster take over my life. I may fight with it but I will be prepared to fight through it. My mindset will be to be positive and when pain begins start moving around and tell myself that this feels good and I will get through this. **

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Littlepaw 10-08-2015 08:13 AM

Hi Julie,

You silly! Who's tired of you?

On pain moving around. I can't speak to your situation but when this started for me I ended up with an intense electric buzzing feeling on the whole left side of my body and had weird muscle fasiculations on the left side as well. All starting from an area the size of a quarter. It took a couple months for that to break for me. It is maddening. Had a medical professional not witnessed the muscles rippling on their own they might not have believed me. I can only tell you that mine did get better with time but only as the injured area started to calm down.

Have you tried any compound creams or topical lidocaine on your worst area? Maybe getting that calmed down more could help. Sorry if you have and I'm not remembering...

:hug:

Chemar 10-08-2015 08:56 AM

Hi there
Just a reminder about our guidelines that asks members please not to use our forums to solicit our members to other forums/groups. If you want to share your facebook info, best do so via PM please.
Thanks

Littlepaw 10-08-2015 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chemar (Post 1176315)
Hi there
Just a reminder about our guidelines that asks members please not to use our forums to solicit our members to other forums/groups. If you want to share your facebook info, best do so via PM please.
Thanks

Sorry for this Chemar, I was just passing on the info I remembered since it was requested. Being something of a social media luddite I am not even on FB myself...

Juliek72 10-08-2015 03:23 PM

Am I in trouble??

I went to dr today and I am having another nerve block and ketamine infusion but am getting 3 times the amount I had last time. He is also injecting a local anesthetic into the nerve of my foot. He said he could have done the shot in his office or I could get it while I was under. DUH. I've had enough shots in my foot and if given a choice I'm taking the easy way out. Lol

I may be hurting but I'm not stupid lol. I really do love my dr. I am very fortunate to be dx and moving very quickly with treatments.
Actually little paw I received my compound cream today. So far I'm not getting any relief from it but I am giving it time.

Hugs

Littlepaw 10-08-2015 04:49 PM

I think we're okay. :) It's always good to get a reminder.

It sounds like you have a found a good doctor. I like the idea of the local block to help break the cycle. Good luck on the next treatment cocktail and let us know what happens. I'm so glad your doctor is willing to forge ahead!

:hug:

RSD ME 10-09-2015 04:43 AM

hi julie. i hope you're feeling better today and that you treatments are helping manage your pain. i have never done ketamine and am not a dr but have learned that if i have questions about my drs procedures i ask them now. don't be afraid to ask you dr what he is doing. imo, it's ok and your right as the patient to know what is going on. if i were you i would just ask kindly and calmly what your dr is doing and why he is increasing your dosage. a good dr will explain what he is doing. i hope that the ketamine and cream help you to feel better soon. take care.

Juliek72 10-12-2015 10:01 PM

Hi rsd me. I do know why I am getting the new dosage. My last procedure the dr had researched me doing ketamine and having the reaction with my other meds. He found out that Wellbutrin and ketamine together may cause a sedative effect worse than normal. So he only gave me half the dosage to see how I would react and I did fine so this time he's going for the gusto.