NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Peripheral Neuropathy (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/)
-   -   cbd oil and Lion's Mane (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/227130-cbd-oil-lions-mane.html)

icelander 10-08-2015 01:06 PM

cbd oil and Lion's Mane

Recently someone here put up a thread on CBD oil and a blog from two folk with fibromyalgia and SFN and used Bluebird Botanicals for CBD oil. So I decided to try it. I got my sample supply three days ago and I've been taking 15 drops three times a day. So far it's been a success but I want more time to confirm it. I've cut my Gabapentin dose in half replacing it with the oil. Last night for the first time ever I was 95% pain free in bed. I was beside myself and quickly fell asleep and slept for 6 hours pain free.

This morning my friend told me about Lion's Main mushrooms which contains compound called Erinacines which are isolated from the fruiting body and Hericenones isolated from the mycelium. These two compounds are unique in that they easily pass the blood brain barrier. They have been shown to stimulate production of nerve growth factors (NGF). Supposedly there are numerous studies verifying this. (I'll do more research) This also improves memory and no mention of side effects. So I just wanted to put it out there in case you were interested. I'll get some on tuesday and I'll share any results over time.

Much love to you all. :hug:

Marlene 10-08-2015 02:43 PM

Thanks

I've wondered if they would work....how did you decide on which one to try?

icelander 10-08-2015 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marlene (Post 1176386)
I've wondered if they would work....how did you decide on which one to try?

Guesswork. I tried the CBD Complete. I'm not ready to fully endorse it just yet. I'll give it 10 days to decide if I'm buying more.

KnowNothingJon 10-08-2015 03:29 PM

Was that available nationwide, the formula you tried, or only in legal states? Either way I am very excited for you.

icelander 10-08-2015 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowNothingJon (Post 1176400)
Was that available nationwide, the formula you tried, or only in legal states? Either way I am very excited for you.

Thank you. They ship to all states and overseas. There is no THC (psychoactive properties) in this oil and it's derived from Hemp rather than the female MJ plant. Hemp is used to make paper, clothing, etc. It's not as expensive as I feared and so worth a try.

baba222 10-08-2015 08:07 PM

Could you please share and be more specific with dosages and times, etc.

My SFN has continued to progress.

TIA

icelander 10-08-2015 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baba222 (Post 1176451)
Could you please share and be more specific with dosages and times, etc.

My SFN has continued to progress.

TIA

Like Gabapentin I take it three times a day and 15 to 20 drops each time. The 20 is at night. You'll (and I) need to adjust for effect but the 15 drops is their general starting point. You might need more or even less. If it works for you that is.

So I take a dose at about 7am then one at 3 or 4pm and then the last one before bed at about 11 pm. I don't think the timing is critical.

icelander 10-08-2015 09:06 PM

Today was a good one for me. No noticeable burning or cramping today which again is unusual. We shall see about the night. I want to add that this is only one part of a comprehensive program that I'm doing. Like I said however I've cut the gabapentin in half and if this continues in a week I'll cut it down to 600 and then 300 and hopefully 0/

But it might be wishful thinking as this is only the 4th day. It's encouraging that it seems to be working a little more each day. I'm prone like many to the placebo effect and it usually takes a few days to a week to get past that.

I'd like to speculate on the Placebo effect. If it happens and it does to me then it must be that some of what is going on is psychological. And then the massive attack on my anxiety and fears by using relaxation cds several times a day is going to have great effect. Which it seems to have been doing for me. My symptoms even before the CBD oil have been decreasing for about two or more weeks now. That's a very good indication that they are having good effect on my disease. And I feel emotionally pretty darn good these days.

KnowNothingJon 10-08-2015 09:33 PM

Well, whatever is working may it continue on!

bluesfan 10-08-2015 11:30 PM

Thanks icelander for sharing your experience with the CBD oil (and for being willing to try something different from orthodox meds).

I'm interested in finding analgesic alternative's as many conventional painkillers I either react badly to or I'm restricted from use due to interactions with my other meds. Basically at the moment all I can take is paracetamol :rolleyes:

I did a search for CBD oil interactions with hydrocortisone (one of my main meds) and came across these articles which I thought might be of interest to others following this thread:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2503660/

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3165946/

Just out of curiosity are you expecting any flare-up as a result of reducing/stopping the gabapentin?

Look forward to reading about your progress.