NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   My turn to.... (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/22808-my-turn-to.html)

theoneRogue420 06-29-2007 06:04 AM

My turn to....

...whine.

In another thread, we were talking about lack of motivation, and I mentioned how Michael and I got as far as the parking lot of Walmart before turning around and going home.

Well, the very next day, yesterday, we got off our butts and went. I was so proud! We were almost done, only had to pick out fruit and could then go reward ourselves with Jack-in-the-Box, yeah!

I took a quick turn by these huge round watermelon bins... not realizing that although they were round, they were sitting on square pallets. I caught my foot on the edge of that pallet, and did quite the little dance number before falling. Must have been a good one, cuz e1 around me laughed. No, I am NOT kidding. People were laughing at me for falling!

I realize that my rsd isn't obvious to most folks, so they had no way of knowing just how bad that trip was going to hurt me. But I would NEVER laugh at anyone who took a fall, my God that is just sooo low! To get pleasure out of another's misery is just so bad. No one offered to help me, no one asked if I was ok... they just laughed. :(

Yes, I am hurting really bad right now, not even extra morphine is helping...plus I'm hurting in all sorts of new places. But mainly, my heart hurts. People suck.

Hippyhair 06-29-2007 07:09 AM

Falling

Aww...I am sorry the people laughed at you! Buggers! Yesterday I did a stumble and almost fall...flailed around for quite a few seconds, and I was worried I was going to get laughed at....but the people (even the children) didn't laugh, as I thought they would! My daughter says I need to wear a helmet and pads going out...hee hee, still lots of falls out of the blue....
I hope you get better!
Hippy

carose 06-29-2007 07:42 AM

sorry

for your fall and pain!!! Just want to add that people don't suck--only MEAN people suck!!! :hug: Carose

dreambeliever128 06-29-2007 09:01 AM

Hi Rogue,

It's too bad that people laughed at you. We are living in such a different world today then when I grew up. It's still hard for me to understand the way people are today.

It must be a thing with RSD patients falling. I have almost fell several times here lately getting up nights and going to the bathroom. I have stubbed my toe 3 times here lately. I noticed blood on my big toe and don't even remember hitting it.

A lot of us do look normal to people and that's why people think we can do things we can't do or think we should be working.

Maybe if you soak in a warm bath it might help with the pain.

Feel better soon.

Ada

Chemar 06-29-2007 09:24 AM

:hug: Rogue

yes, people are sometimes so insensitive and cruel and it never ceases to astonish and sadden me.

it is so easy to be kind and nice and sensitive and caring....I just dont understand why they waste their energy being the opposite:(

I do hope the pain quickly subsides from that fall

Cheri

frogga 06-29-2007 11:19 AM

Oh Rogue, that really sucks!!! Totally what you don't need!!!

Keeping my fingers tightly crossed that you feel better soon!!! I can't believe that people laughed! that is so out of order!!

Loads of love

Froggsy xxxxxxxxxxxx

flippnout 06-29-2007 01:04 PM

I'm feel for you, it is a shame that in our world now we find it funny when a person slips and falls and hurts them selves. It all stems from TV and all the shows about AFV we get brained washed and think it is funny :(
Sorry and hugs to you in time i believe what comes around goes around so just think they will fall soon.. :)

theoneRogue420 06-29-2007 02:05 PM

Thanks everyone :D I really appreciate the sympathy.

I feel better now, I just needed to vent. I am just going to leave people to their own fates- in kharmas capable arms. ;)

Desi 06-29-2007 05:17 PM

Hi Rogue! I too want to add my sincere apologizies to you from those "Ignorant" people who laughed at you! What loosers! I love ya! Desi:hug: