NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.neurotalk.org/new-member-introductions/)
-   -   New to NeuroTalk and hurting! (https://www.neurotalk.org/new-member-introductions/22849-neurotalk-hurting.html)

pngsista 06-29-2007 07:31 PM

New to NeuroTalk and hurting!

I turn 31 today! I feel like Im at least 91! I was diagnosed with Fibro about 6 years ago and even though they say it isnt progressive...mine has been. At first it just started out not being able to carry my 5 month old daughter. It eventually got to the point of not being able to move my arms. I wouldnt say Ive gotten better, but I would say Ive gotten used to it and have learned how to make myself suffer through it.
Now six years later I cant sleep, I cant work, Im depressed, Ive gained weight, I have had numerous surgeries and still hurt all the time. I have many more problems than I listed, but who wants to drudge through all of that? I dont...its my birthday.
I think my main complaint is that I feel like nobody takes the pain I experience 24/7 seriously. Not even my doctor. I feel like because there isnt a lab test that can confirm what Im feeling that they can just say "well its the fibro." and that makes it okay. Some days I feel like dying would be better than feeling the way I do.
No, Im not suicidal, but sometimes the burning, stabbing pain, and fatigue is to much for one person to bear. I dont want to live my life doped up on muscle relaxers...I have four kids to enjoy!

I hope someone here understands how I feel. I just need to know Im not the only "thirty something" adult woman who some days cant even put on a bra because it hurts for ANYTHING to touch her.

pngsista 06-29-2007 07:36 PM

Sorry!

Sorry, Im new here and think I posted to the wrong forum...Im jumping now to the right one!

Good luck to all of you!

AfterMyNap 06-29-2007 08:04 PM

Hiya, Pngsista! Welcome to NeuroTalk, you're doing just fine. I see that you've found the FM forum, there are lots of great folks who truly do understand what you're experiencing.

If you need any help navigating or anything else, just give a holler, someone will be along to give you a hand.

Take care of that body, and really, who wants to wear that bloody thing anyway!?!;)

Taffy 06-29-2007 08:48 PM

Welcome to NT and Happy Birthday! I wish I could take some of that pain away. I would hug you ... oh a cyber hug won't hurt.....:hug:

redtail 06-29-2007 09:35 PM

Hey pngsista,
thought Id let you know Im 35 and generally dont wear a bra cos my arms dont work(Ive got myasthenia gravis)well all the time, maybe we should start our own club :rolleyes: , as for doctors, weeeellllll dont get me started, Im only new here, and its helped me heaps, everyone is so very caring :grouphug:
take care

Darlene 06-30-2007 12:27 AM

:Wave-Hello:

pngsista,

Hello and welcome to NeuroTalk. There a great number of ones here that affore help for everyone around.

Looking forward to seeing more of you around. By the way Happy Birthday!

Darlene
:hug:

theoneRogue420 06-30-2007 08:56 AM

Welcome to NT, pngsista. :) I'm glad to see you have already found the forum you need... the people there will be a great source of info & comfort to you.

I don't have fibro, I have rsd/crps, but I still understand how you feel. The thoughts that life isn't always worth living, they come and go... you'll get used to them eventually.

The problems with narcotics and raising kids, I totally feel for you there! I had to turn down a morphine pump because my sons were 13 & 10, and I was a single mom. WTG you, for putting your kids first! :You-Rock:

Abbie 06-30-2007 09:52 AM

I'm a little late to this but wanted to say HI !!! :Wave-Hello:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! :Birthday:

:welcome_sign: to our little corner of the world!!!

I see you've already found the Fibromyalgia forum... they are a great group!!! Just fyi... weekends can be a little slow around the whole Neurotalk board but I'm sure you'll see more activity soon.

You will find some of the nicest and supportive people here!!
Feel free to jump in the conversations!!! Share what you want, ask questions when you need, or just join in the fun!!!

Abbie

Doody 06-30-2007 04:12 PM

Hey Sista, I'm sorry I wasn't here to welcome you.

I too have Fibro and you'll find the fibromyalgia people here just wonderful people.

I COMPLETELY understand what you are talking about. When I was first diagnosed, it was almost like going through the loss of a loved one. I know...we look perfectly normal...unless people bother to look really close and recognize the look of pain.

You'll find a lot of good info at the Fibro forum, which I'm assuming by now you've found. BUT, in case you haven't, here it is.

DMACK 07-01-2007 06:31 PM

Hi Pngsista

a belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY. I'M new to this forum as well so as novices we can help each other.

'If you always walk towards the Sun, all of lifes shadows will always remain behind you '