NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Survivors of Suicide (https://www.neurotalk.org/survivors-of-suicide/)
-   -   Sometimes The Holidays Suck (https://www.neurotalk.org/survivors-of-suicide/229296-sometimes-holidays-suck.html)

FeelinGoofy 11-29-2015 11:32 AM

Sometimes The Holidays Suck

just saying.....:Bawling:

EnglishDave 11-29-2015 12:23 PM

:hug::hug::hug:

Dave.

Wiix 11-29-2015 12:25 PM

Yes they do. :mad:

Wren 11-29-2015 03:23 PM

No kidding

Alffe 11-29-2015 05:41 PM

Those empty chairs....:(

eva5667faliure 12-03-2015 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alffe (Post 1186098)
Those empty chairs....:(

I thaught it was just me
Goofy and many who feel this
Another day maybe
Pray it wasn't always like that
Love
Me

caroline2 12-20-2015 02:43 PM

Some "times" the key I think. At this late date in my life, I am very comfortable doing NOTHING. But going out to dinner at a ethnic restaurant with a gf. She has no family here. For years and years it's been about family and Children. I've loved the holidays for a lot of years...remembering the cookies and milk for santa!!!!!

I have not had a tree in probably 15 yrs and my daughter tells me this is her first year not doing a tree. I say let the trees keep growing in the forests with nature. Another topic.

She is headed for Kauai with her children for a week. When she was 18 I took her to Maui for a week, we departed on christmas day....she is doing this with her children. They are all excited and not missing a tree. All are evolving and changing Minds....

None of us are religious and I'm for sure not into the commercial world of buying, been there, the children have a lot of life ahead of them, they are still into commericalism but I hear some changes....

Peace to all. caroline

dancinglady 12-20-2015 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caroline2 (Post 1189366)
Some "times" the key I think. At this late date in my life, I am very comfortable doing NOTHING. But going out to dinner at a ethnic restaurant with a gf. She has no family here. For years and years it's been about family and Children. I've loved the holidays for a lot of years...remembering the cookies and milk for santa!!!!!

I have not had a tree in probably 15 yrs and my daughter tells me this is her first year not doing a tree. I say let the trees keep growing in the forests with nature. Another topic.

She is headed for Kauai with her children for a week. When she was 18 I took her to Maui for a week, we departed on christmas day....she is doing this with her children. They are all excited and not missing a tree. All are evolving and changing Minds....

None of us are religious and I'm for sure not into the commercial world of buying, been there, the children have a lot of life ahead of them, they are still into commericalism but I hear some changes....

Peace to all. caroline

Sorry to hear your story. Why is your family not taking you to Maui or can you physically not take the trip.

OhKay 12-21-2015 08:01 AM

My s/s attempt was 12/23 last year. I was so gone I wasn't aware of the holidays though.

I'm looking forward to spending a nice, quiet Christmas at home with my husband. The goal is to make it safely to 2016 and beyond.

We stopped putting up a tree a couple of years ago because we have 3 cats. It became a lot more fun for them than it was for us.
10yrs of 3 cats + Christmas tree= too much trouble.

Kay

caroline2 12-21-2015 12:45 PM

dancinglady, my travel days are WAY behind me. The thought of an airport sends me into almost panic..not really but...I have no desire to travel, been to hawaii enough times anyway. No sorrow for me, I'm content. Simple simple lifestyle. I love being in my cozy home....travelled a lot for many years for work and pleasure. C