NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Pets & Wildlife (https://www.neurotalk.org/pets-and-wildlife/)
-   -   My cat has gone (https://www.neurotalk.org/pets-and-wildlife/229356-cat-gone.html)

kiwi33 12-01-2015 06:53 AM

My cat has gone

My cat (Susie) vanished a couple of weeks ago.

She walked out after breakfast looking fine (though she had not been eating as well as I would have liked) and has not come back. I think that I have lost her and just wish that I had a chance to say goodbye.

She was my best non-human mate for more than 18 years and I am still working on processing this - a while to go yet I think.

My plan is to talk to the vets (just up the road), telling them that she is no longer on their books and arrange for a pair of new kittens from them, which might help.

Apologies for the emotion dump.

mrsD 12-01-2015 09:23 AM

oh, I am so sorry, Kiwi...:hug:

I lost a young cat 3 yrs ago this way.... it was very very upsetting for me. I looked for her everywhere (she was chipped), to no avail. :( So I know how you feel.

At that old age, she could have had a spinal blood clot, heart attack or whatever. If cats don't eat for a day or two, they go into a toxic liver situation and die from that.

2 kittens sound like a good treatment for your grieving.

EnglishDave 12-01-2015 09:49 AM

Very sorry to hear this sad news about Susie, Kiwi. Loss of any animal friend is hard, but a Bond created over so many years will be difficult to deal with.

I admire your Giving nature, in that you wish to adopt a pair of kittens to continue the Companionship line. I hope they ease the pain somewhat.

Dave.

Littlepaw 12-01-2015 12:14 PM

Dear Kiwi,

Losing a dear pet of many years is just hard! I am so sorry to hear of the loss of Susie. I, too lost a cat of 14 years this very same way and I remember how painful it was not having closure on what happened to her. It took me a long time to process her loss and of course it is natural to still miss them even years later.

We adopted a kitten fairly soon after, as my son of then 3 years old would stare out the window looking for our cat. I didn't feel ready yet but it was clear he needed a new kitty. She has been a priceless companion and I am grateful for her every day.

I think the kittens you are planning to get will be fantastic. Getting two is a great idea! Susie will never be replaced in your heart but the Love these two will bring will create their own new space alongside...

Best to you and the new family members. It's going to be exciting. Better get ready to video some cuteness!

Lara 12-01-2015 04:55 PM

I'm so sorry to read this kiwi.
Susie has had a very good long life with you and because of you.
You must miss her terribly. :(

Diandra 12-01-2015 04:55 PM

Hi Kiwi, Such a terrible way to lose a beloved cat. I am so sorry to hear you lost her this way. 18 years ...you must have been an excellent "Mom" .
Maybe a little miracle will happen and she will return home or someone will have brought her to a local shelter or vet.

You are smart to think of getting 2 kittens...they are such good company for each other.

You are in my thoughts and prayers. Lots of pet lovers on this forum, so you are not alone in how you are feeling. I grieve almost as hard for my pets as I do for the humans in my life.
My best, D.

kiwi33 12-01-2015 08:34 PM

Thank you everybody :grouphug:.

I really appreciate all of your kind words of care and support.

Sparky10 12-01-2015 10:43 PM

:hug: To you, kiwi! I'm so sorry. It is especially hard to be left not knowing...and unable to say goodbye. Wow, 18 years! Good job of sharing Susie's life.

:hug:

Chemar 12-02-2015 10:35 AM

Sure do feel for you kiwi, and glad you are planning to give new kitties a loving home.

EnglishDave 12-16-2015 07:22 PM

Hey kiwi,

How are you after Susie's parting? Any news on the kitten front?

Dave.