NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   General Mental Health & Emotional Support (https://www.neurotalk.org/general-mental-health-and-emotional-support/)
-   -   merry christmas (https://www.neurotalk.org/general-mental-health-and-emotional-support/230131-merry-christmas.html)

clouds z 12-20-2015 02:20 AM

merry christmas

whats new?i hate to type

i cant believe i have a 1000 posts here

Hopeless 12-20-2015 10:16 PM

Wishing you a Merry Christmas, too.

St George 2013 12-21-2015 12:54 PM

Merry Christmas right back to you !

Hope you are doing well. And yes...typing stinks !

Debi from Georgia

caroline2 12-21-2015 01:25 PM

Peace and Comfort to All.

I enjoy typing, how would we communicate...more typing than ever these days. I typed long before computers and resisted technology but LOVE my rugged desktop. Type more than talk it seems. Good or not good, just what is today.

Hopeless 12-21-2015 05:46 PM

Some experience pain

Quote:

Originally Posted by caroline2 (Post 1189486)
Peace and Comfort to All.

I enjoy typing, how would we communicate...more typing than ever these days. I typed long before computers and resisted technology but LOVE my rugged desktop. Type more than talk it seems. Good or not good, just what is today.

Dear Caroline,

I don't think some of these people object to "typing", it is that is causes them great pain to do so. It is not that it is the way of the world now that is objectionable, many people here suffer with extreme pain to use the body parts involved in the act of typing.

EnglishDave 12-21-2015 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hopeless (Post 1189528)
Dear Caroline,

I don't think some of these people object to "typing", it is that is causes them great pain to do so. It is not that it is the way of the world now that is objectionable, many people here suffer with extreme pain to use the body parts involved in the act of typing.

Exactly right, Hope,

My hands and fingers are numb, severe pain in my neck and referred down my arm makes the act of typing a real strain. Add to this my double vision and everything takes an age. I can no longer use my laptop, even using my 10inch Tablet causes excessive pain. I am finding myself further restricted to coming here on my phone - lighter, but with more dexterity/visual problems.

Voice recognition software doesn't work for me, stupidly, it sets off my Anxiety. Roll on the day I can get electrodes planted directly into my brain.

Dave.

Hopeless 12-22-2015 12:34 AM

Hi Dave,

I was going to ask you about voice recognition software, like Dragon Naturally Speaking, but you answered that before I could ask. Sorry that does not work for you. It sure would help alleviate some of the pain from typing. Of course, it won't "read" for you, so you would still be stuck struggling with the eyesight problems.

Wow, communicating with others sure has its problems for people afflicted with certain ailments doesn't it?

I just want you to know how much we appreciate all you go through in order to be with us here on NT.

Hope