NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   The Call (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/230628-call.html)

Always_Believe 01-04-2016 10:25 AM

The Call

As I figure the last session of the pain program through RIC (Rehab Institute of Chicago) has recently completed, I placed a call to see where I am on the wait list and when the next session starts.

Please cross your fingers, say a prayer, throw salt, send good thoughts...whatever you do for luck/miracles/etc. The answer will guide my next steps and the direction I will take for the future.

Thank you

RSD ME 01-04-2016 11:57 AM

i'm praying for you Always. hope you get a call saying you are next in line for the next session. hugs coming your way.

Littlepaw 01-04-2016 12:47 PM

Can do! All of the above are coming for good measure. I am going out with salt now...

Let us know what you hear.
Sending hugs and healing love, :hug:

-Spike- 01-04-2016 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSD ME (Post 1191390)
i'm praying for you Always. hope you get a call saying you are next in line for the next session. hugs coming your way.

You got it. Oh, and can you also do something so that the Cubs will win the World Series, while you are at it!? I tried being good to see if that would work, but that didn't go so well. I think I just jinxed them.

You are in my prayers. I hope you are first on the list!

Always_Believe 01-04-2016 03:49 PM

Ugh. While I am still hopeful (for a few more minutes), I happened to get a call from my insurance case manager today.

I am on a roll here I guess. What part of my function has decreased to the point of
a) once/week shower
b) ambulation/activity limited to bathroom & bed for the past 5 weeks
do these doctors not understand??? I had to ask my case manager to look into wheelchairs. She suggested I maybe consider another doctor in Chicago. Hello, 2 hour train ride is no bueno for the pain/swelling...I only agreed to RIC because of the "possibilities" it holds...possibilities I might add that I have been waiting for since mid-September.

I am seriously about to give up. I have a healthcare team that simply does not care that they have a patient whose condition is rapidly declining nearly entirely due to inadequate (read non-existent) pain management. Damn CDC/FDA.

Always_Believe 01-04-2016 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -Spike- (Post 1191429)
You got it. Oh, and can you also do something so that the Cubs will win the World Series, while you are at it!? I tried being good to see if that would work, but that didn't go so well. I think I just jinxed them.

You are in my prayers. I hope you are first on the list!

Sorry Spike...my son is a HUGE Sox fan...even was Hero of The Game a few years ago. (wish I could post a link....)

-Spike- 01-04-2016 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Always_Believe (Post 1191432)
Sorry Spike...my son is a HUGE Sox fan...even was Hero of The Game a few years ago. (wish I could post a link....)

Too funny! I used to serve at a church in Yorkville. Oh.. and may I ask.. Who are the Sox? Oh, yeah yeah.. the Red Sox... Now I remember. GRIN.. Seriously, I hope your son's team does well, The Chicago White Sox.

You continue to be in my prayers. I just wish I knew why CRPS is such a difficult disease to get adequate care for. It really does get frustrating sometimes. I wish you well.

Always_Believe 01-04-2016 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -Spike- (Post 1191437)
Too funny! I used to serve at a church in Yorkville. Oh.. and may I ask.. Who are the Sox? Oh, yeah yeah.. the Red Sox... Now I remember. GRIN.. Seriously, I hope your son's team does well, The Chicago White Sox.

You continue to be in my prayers. I just wish I knew why CRPS is such a difficult disease to get adequate care for. It really does get frustrating sometimes. I wish you well.

It is indeed pitiful.
Thank you for keeping me in your thoughts.
(Chicago White Sox Hero of the game 9/28/12 happens to be his Mamma's hero too :wink:)

-Spike- 01-04-2016 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Always_Believe (Post 1191440)

(Chicago White Sox Hero of the game 9/28/12 happens to be his Mamma's hero too :wink:)

You mean, Ernie Banks is not your hero? You're going to make me cry! :eek:

Always_Believe 01-04-2016 05:08 PM

Just got a call from my insurance case manager...RIC can't get me in until March or April

I'm done