NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Social Security Disability (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/)
-   -   Hearing wait time longer than average. (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/230975-hearing-wait-time-average.html)

Echiyona 01-12-2016 01:45 PM

Hearing wait time longer than average.

Hi, Im trying to get a little reassurance about hearing wait times. The average wait time for the ODAR office in my area is 16 months. This is according to the statistics on the SS website for yhe month of December. It has been 20 months since my appeal hearing was requested. I checked with my lawyer who said my file was active and at the odar office. I realize "average" means some took longer :-). I just wondered if anyone else here had to wait a much longer time than average for a hearing or what would cause it to take longer.

Rossco365 01-21-2016 09:19 PM

I have been on disability for 25 years and last January they said I wasn't disable anymore I had no choice but to file appeal that I have been waiting a year nowfor an answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mbe41221 01-23-2016 07:35 AM

what?

are you serious? what happend?

Mz Migraine 01-23-2016 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Echiyona (Post 1192834)
Hi, Im trying to get a little reassurance about hearing wait times.

I just wondered if anyone else here had to wait a much longer time than average for a hearing or what would cause it to take longer.

Depends if your state has a serious backup of claims.

In my state back in 2000 the ALJ wait time was 18 months average. However, due to the serious backup of claims, the hearings were taking part in various parts of the state in empty business buildings & in some cases churches.

It took me 2 1/2 yrs to have a hearing-2005. :mad: My hearing was held inside an empy Home Depot building. In the lumber section.
:D

I recently heard things have not changed much regarding backed up claims in my state.

HTH :hug:

Mz Migraine 01-23-2016 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rossco365 (Post 1194805)
I have been on disability for 25 years and last January they said I wasn't disable anymore I had no choice but to file appeal that I have been waiting a year nowfor an answer.

:eek:

You need to find out if your treating physician(s) told SSD you are no longer disabled.

:hug:

bddouglas 01-28-2016 12:05 AM

The paralegal in my attorney's office said the time from requesting a hearing to a hearing date is approximately 405 days in GA. I have started getting the paper work for my attorney and I to start setting up the hearing from the officer that sets the hearings. We are looking at May or June and this will put it almost on schedule.

Rossco365 02-19-2016 01:56 PM

Just just found out after the lady told me he would be done in a couple weeks now they're sending it to a hearing it's been over 14 months now

LIT LOVE 02-20-2016 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rossco365 (Post 1194805)

Were you compliant with seeing your doctors regularly and taking your meds? Were you working at all?